jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Hubbing From A Domain Name Of Yours...

1. Andrew0208 profile image60
    Andrew0208posted 6 years ago

HubPages has created a refined way of bloging with ease which the community call 'hubbing.' I've thought of this great web publishing platform to consider my suggestion on the subject of "Hubbing From A Domain Name Of Yours."

I have found it quite professional and loving to use Blogger or WordPress on a private registered/hosted domain name(s) as this does not give the free user the right to abuse it in any form(100% administered by the provider), same opportunities, operations and security. 

I love to see this great feature used on HubPages. Thank you.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

To introduce your idea, each Hubber would have to have his/her own sub-domain, under which all his/her own Hubs would be published.  Then and only then would it be possible to redirect that sub-domain to a private domain name.

That would require a major redesign of the HubPages platform.  It would require Hubbers to think up a sub-domain name, which for SEO reasons should be a keyword relevant to our Hub topics - not practical for the many Hubbers who write on a wide variety of subjects.

Your idea would also encourage people to think of Hubs as blog posts, instead of as long information-rich articles.

Why should HubPages rearrange themselves to be a copycat of Wordpress or Blogger when it works so well as it is?

Andrew0208posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Good one, "Why should HubPages rearrange themselves to be a copycat of Wordpress or Blogger when it works so well as it is?"

I did love the uniqueness of HubPages, I was just having a thought on that line though. I quite understand your point for real. Thank you.

2. WryLilt profile image86
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

Ok for starters, hubpages is NOT a blogging site. It's a high quality article site. A visitor from google may never see another article you write so you have to impress them with that article.

I'm about to go to bed and so my brain is not fully functional. So it just boggles my brain to think of all the reasons why individual domains in association with hubpages would be a bad idea.

I'm sure some other hubbers will be along soon to tell you exactly what all those reasons are.

Good night!

Andrew0208posted 6 years ago in reply to this

@WryLilt, you have to get me right, this is a suggestion. Wherever you see this feature used, you'll find out that it is "optional." It's always optional...No sentiments attached.

working