jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Anyone hear of YouReader.com content site??

1. JulieBMack profile image59
    JulieBMackposted 6 years ago

I have seen some of my blog posts in this site!  Is this a legitimate site?  I am sure there is other content there that is re-posted.  I have not checked for my hubs yet. Maybe I am missing something.

1. poddys profile image60
      poddysposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I Googled for the site but it didn't pop up, except I got your article instead.

It seems that the same thing has been happening to people on Associated Content, their articles have been copied.

2. MPW1950 profile image60
    MPW1950posted 6 years ago

They appear to be in to plagiarism, and possibly worse, on an industrial scale.

They are displaying other people's work and appear to be editing the adsense codes to point to their account.

They seem to be pulling content from EVERYWHERE on the web including the whole of Suite101 although now that seems to be indexed but the content withdrawn.

I am very surprised Google has not already deindexed them and disabled their Adsense naccount.

They also hide their identity.

Get a DCMA/ complaint in to Google ASAP.

3. TerryGl profile image62
    TerryGlposted 6 years ago

This type of site is typical of an auto blogger site. The idea is that the site has incoming advertisements on a feed system. Once that is in place the site has auto populating content from all over the web.

It has been my experience that these types of sites do well in regards to page rank and Alexa ranking.

If you check the scraped articles they do in fact go to the source because that is what the source has paid for.

The webmaster is just hoping while they have a visitor that the visitor clicks an ad. I like the site myself, it has purpose, it can draw a crowd ultimately making money onsite and is a lesson learnt of another auto-blog type of site.

I actually like the site. Its these types of sites you build, get some traffic, show some income and sell it on Flippa.

And for those with a limited or normal adsense account, each site hyperlink is a google adsense ad so on each click, he makes a few zillion, so do not be tempted to click through. I also see the webbie is having a lot of trouble with connecting to his database. Often there is a mysql error.

1. JulieBMack profile image59
      JulieBMackposted 6 years ago in reply to this

As long as we do not get penalized for duplicate content or lose out on our own traffic.  Thanks all!