jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

New Hubber would like to Feedback

1. Bravebird30 profile image78
    Bravebird30posted 6 years ago

Hi I'm Bravebird,

Finished my first masterpiece about finding a job but I want to know if it's clear to the readers. Love the articles that have been posted and I hope to get as many followers as some of you may have.  I'm a rookie to blogging - any comments will be appreciated.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Not-All-Tempora … od-For-You

1. Scrapaholic profile image85
      Scrapaholicposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Great hub, Bravebird! I actually just posted it for some of my friends on Facebook. I think it is a great article, especially for your first, but here are a few tips from my experience:

-Try linking to outside, reputable websites (hotjobs.com might be a good one to start with in this hub). This increases your google standing.

-Link to other hubs by finding a hub that relates to your topic, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and clicking "Link to this page." Grab the url, and work it into your hub.

You can always go back and edit your hub, so don't be discouraged!

2. Sally's Trove profile image99
      Sally's Troveposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You speak from experience, and that's the beginning of a great Hub.

In addition to the advice offered by Anna Marie and Scrapaholic, I encourage you to pay close attention to grammar. When your grammar is not accurate, you do your readers a disservice, especially in this case, because your readers are submitting resumes where their grammar must be flawless for them to be taken seriously. The way your Hub is written now, readers will think that deviations from correct grammar are acceptable, when they are not. Any error in grammar, spelling, or punctuation will land their resumes in the trash bin.

2. Anna Marie Bowman profile image93
    Anna Marie Bowmanposted 6 years ago

Great advice from Scrapaholic!!  Great first hub, great information!!  Linking other hubs with yours is a great way to contribute to the community as a whole, and sometimes, if you let the writer know you are doing it, they may link your hub as well.  Kind of a "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" sort of thing.  Best of luck here in Hubpages!!!