jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

web site address

1. entconsult profile image78
    entconsultposted 6 years ago

I have not been able to post in hub at all.
    No matter what I put for the web site of my article it is rejected; therefore I consistently give up.  The message says no forward slashes, no anything and no matter what I put it is rejected. Is there any place to get help on this?
    for example my article is Had sinus surgery and your symptoms are worse? 

This is the 8th article I have tried to post and I have given up.
    any suggestions? Please send to entconsult@aol.com

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You've already published two Hubs, so I'm not sure what you're asking.

When you "start a new Hub", you are asked to type in the title of your article, and that automatically creates a URL for you.

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Are you trying to post the web site address in the title? If so, then that is your problem.

The "title" of a hub is the URL, therefore you cannot do it.

Write the hub, and put the web site address(URL) inside a text capsule, either by itself or anchored to a word.

Your other option is to use a "links" capsule, which accepts links to other domains.

Btw- just to let you know, it is never wise to place your email address into a forum, because others can take it and then mail you at will, because you've freely given it out.

On a side note- Welcome to HubPages. smile

3. timorous profile image92
    timorousposted 6 years ago

When you consider the title of your hub, you need to consider it carefully, because it basically becomes the URL, although you can edit the URL initially to be different than the title.

For instance if your title was:

"How to Make Hay While the Sun Shines",
    the URL would automatically become:

You could (at this early stage) edit the URL to:

The one thing you can't do is use the "http://.... stuff, including forward slashes in the "title" itself.  In a URL, the forward slashes represent another page or folder in the website's heirarchy.

Once you've decided on the URL, it's basically written in stone, unless you decide to delete the whole hub and start over.  You can still change the title, but it's best for google search and SEO purposes to have them the same.

4. 59
    Masakhwe Giradeposted 6 years ago

Now i am equally riled by the same problem, it's frustrating! I've tried the dashes, left out the forward slashes, put in numbers. nothing. Now i am stuck! just a concise 1 0 1 on this web site thing is appreciated.

1. relache profile image88
      relacheposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Linked at the bottom of every single page on this site is

Within that is a section that will totally hold your hand on making a new hub,

http://learningcenter.hubpages.com/2-1- … -and-tags/

Sadly, a lot of people don't take the time to read anything and miss a lot of free and available help that is right out in the open.