Express Your Self with Body Language

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (59 posts)
  1. WryLilt profile image89
    WryLiltposted 13 years ago

I'm curious. If 80% of the way we communicate is body language, how can I understand a single thing one of you is saying?

So I figure we should bring more body language into our posts.

Instead of 'talking' to the next person, use body language.

It can be anything you want to express to the next or previous  person without words.

I'll start.

*Raises eyebrow*
    *Waves*

2. katiem2 profile image59
    katiem2posted 13 years ago

Smile

3. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

*tucks penis into sock so that it doesn't rise up and cause embarrassment when I say 'hello'*

1. lorlie6 profile image72
      lorlie6posted 13 years agoin reply to this

*crosses arms and tosses hair in disgust*

1. Greek One profile image64
        Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

licks lips and nodes knowingly, undeterred by such familiar signs of feigned disinterest

1. profile image0
          Kathryn LJposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Stifles a smirk and re-arranges face to a look of feigned horror.

unconsciously enlarges pupils at the sight of the enlarged nipples displayed by ladies trying to hide their desire.. remembers 'the good old days' and then lets out a limp sigh lamenting his lost virility and aging spermatozoa

*Jaw drops in horror as thread is about to be clipped*

1. profile image0

Rinse minds eye with imaginary Optrex.

has stunned expression caused by the irony of the fact that he once named his aging spermatozoa "Optrex"

1. profile image0

Jaw drops with shock at tenuous link of sperm and over the counter medication for blurred vision, then looks thoughtful at connection between self abuse and poor eyesight.

2. Kimberly Bunch profile image61
      Kimberly Bunchposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Excellent! Keep up the good work!

wink

Oh, and I cross my legs, with hands folded in my lap as I turn my head up to the side in gesture to it all.

Chow!
      wink

4. mythbuster profile image72
    mythbusterposted 13 years ago

*mwah* (cheek)

5. camlo profile image83
    camloposted 13 years ago

Slowly shakes head.

6. lorlie6 profile image72
    lorlie6posted 13 years ago

*Walks away in stilettos tossing ponytail back and forth*

7. mythbuster profile image72
    mythbusterposted 13 years ago

*waves back at WryLilt*

WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

*grins and pokes out tongue*

8. Greek One profile image64

remembers jaw dropping down by ladies in his past, and once remembers 'the good old days' and then lets out a limp sigh lamenting his lost virility and aging spermatozoa

9. Greek One profile image64

raises eyebrows and wonders why Mythbuster is waving to WryLil since she hasn't been here in a number of days

10. lorlie6 profile image72

*Feels sorry for herself, wonders where everybody went*

11. lorlie6 profile image72

*Sits back smugly to let Greek One and Kathryn flirt shamelessly*

crosses legs and thinks "all my flirting is full of shame"

*Eyebrows knitted, wonders why Greek One feels this way*

2. profile image0

Petulantly pouting, folds arms and refuses to play until Lorlie6 continues to bait Greek One.

Remembers that before he was married, he was often baited my masters...
        the he once again remembers 'the good old days'..  then lets out a limp sigh lamenting his... yadda yadda yadda

1. profile image0

Narrowing eyes in concentration, focusing on the repeated use of the word - 'limp'  concluding that the Greek One does protest too much.

thinking "wow.. the truth really DOES hurt", bows his head is shame and presses "Control Alt Del" on his computer.. and waive good night to everyone

1. profile image0

Night Greeky - it was fun!

12. lorlie6 profile image72

*Wiping the sleep from eyes at 2;30 am-the next day-realizes the flirt continued behind her back, then puts her head down on the keyboard to weep*

13. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

In a zombie-like trance, aware that all body language has come to a halt after hours online, resorts to posting old stand-by emoticons she always uses as a way to express tone:

hmm (me, much of the time for one reason or another)
    roll (also me most of the time for one reason or another)
    mad (almost as frequently me as above ones are)           
    lol (the psycho laugh that doesn't really do it, but that's better than no laugh at all)
    and, of course, the over-used to the point of being meaningless, smile

Picks self up from that strange, sideways slump position she seems to have settled in in an attempt to sort of stay awake while looking at the screen, (planning to get two and half hours' sleep), reaches for mouse with right hand and shuts down the ...

*Giggles with a feeling of empathy toward the zombie-gal Lisa, agrees silently and wishes she could do the same*

1. profile image0

Sleepily reads thread then shakes head with disbelief at flirting accusation.

*Sees clearly that Greek One has vamoosed, decides to leave poor Kathryn alone, then goes to get first cuppa Joe*

1. profile image0

You've changed your avatar lorlie6!  This is terrible.  I was thinking of revamping mine but you've pipped me to the post.

1. sofs profile image76
              sofsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey !! where is the body language here.............
              mad
              roll
              stretching and yawning  ....gooood morning!

WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

*Yawns* ... and thinks "It's night time."

14. Beth100 profile image69
    Beth100posted 13 years ago

*smirk*  *looking around*  lol  *feeling bad for the smiley*

15. lorlie6 profile image72

*Stretches with pain from babysitting all night long* 
    *Sleepily wonders why this thread fell by the wayside*

*Thinks with sorrow how old granny is*

*ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz*

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)