jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (13 posts)

Help With Virus/Malware

1. frogdropping profile image86
    frogdroppingposted 6 years ago

Having just nicely reconnected with the internet, including the use of a new laptop, it seems I am infected.

If I post a comment on anyone's hub, be assured I'm not. My hubtivity shows that I'm leaving comments, joinging fan clubs etc - I'm not. It's the virus ... or malware.

I have done a system restore, run spyware, malware and anti virus software. I'm still stuck with the issue. I cannot work, hub, do pretty much anything until I find the slippy little sucker and get rid. Any help would be massively appreciated.

Malwarebytes seems to have identified something and destroyed it but the problem remains. I look like a spammer sad I can't figure a name or search string to use that helps me to identify what it is and how to deal with it.

Wherever I go, a link inserts itself, or a simple comment - 'free poker online' or similar. See the one below - now I know they appear, in this case I've inserted " to prevent it hyper linking but (in case anyone suggests) deleting it doesn't always work. Some magically reappear roll

2. WryLilt profile image86
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

I believe this forum post may help.

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/52738

3. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 6 years ago

Frogspammer! tongue

Poor Andria. Can't really help to remove the thingy, but I feel for you. smile

frogdroppingposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Lol you nailed me Misha. I've got so much work on too lol! Thanks anyway smile

Edit: removed the damn link neutral

1. Misha profile image75
        Mishaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You may want to email the guy on the other thread, he might have a solution already smile

frogdroppingposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Ralwus, I'll take a look. Incidentally, I've mailed the HP team, to let them know what's happening in my wake. I did say I wouldn't sign in until I sorted this but I'm fairly stumped so thought I'd asked the Land of Hub smile

Thanks again Misha. I did better than that, I called smile

1. Misha profile image75

So, did you get it sorted out? I bet you are not the last in Hub land to experience this smile

4. Aya Katz profile image88
    Aya Katzposted 6 years ago

Misha, do you mean that once this happens, there's no way to stop the perpetrators? Or just that removing the "thingy" won't help?

1. Misha profile image75

IDK Aya, I did not catch that stuff myself - so I can't really tell. smile

5. profile image0
    ralwusposted 6 years ago

Andria, try SpyZooka or maybe StopZilla. Google them.

6. skyfire profile image72
    skyfireposted 6 years ago

Looks like your browser is infected with bot-malware. You need to install adaware 2010 or spybot search & destroy to remove it.

7. profile image0
    TopUniverseposted 6 years ago

Better to try different spyware programs, because one spyware program doesn't help you all the time.

8. profile image0
    ralwusposted 6 years ago

my neighbor had this problem. His wife and kids are online a lot, he is a gamer and they all do facebook. I setup StopZilla for him and I guess all is well now.

working