jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Springcleaning your Hub account

1. Dale Nelson profile image30
    Dale Nelsonposted 6 years ago

Phew, that was tiring.
    Have any other hubbers gone through their hubs and wiped out the ones with no traffic for a few months. I just deleted a bunch of hubs that I didnt like and had no content of substance. Traffic was dismal and I wont miss them.

It was terrific. Springcleaned for 2010.

2. CMHypno profile image89
    CMHypnoposted 6 years ago

I haven't deleted a hub yet, but do have sessions where I go and look at the tags again, check the Amazon products etc

3. Benjimester profile image89
    Benjimesterposted 6 years ago

I do it all the time.  I'm an analyst at heart, so I hate having a bunch of hubs screwing around with my stats.  I like to know my average hub traffic rate and things like that so I can project earnings and so forth.  I delete hubs all the time if they aren't performing.  In the long run, I think doing this also keeps your overall hubscore high, which doesn't really matter too much, but hey, sometimes it's nice to see yourself on the front page.

4. Dale Nelson profile image30
    Dale Nelsonposted 6 years ago

I suppose one scholl says rather do more seo for a poor hub and other says start over. I like both views, but i got to agree with you benjimester, I like tweaking the stats for that 100 hubscore. I am yet to hit the 100. best being a 98 to date.

5. Benjimester profile image89
    Benjimesterposted 6 years ago

Yeah, you're right, one school of thought just says do more promotion until the poor hubs catch up in traffic.  I started off with that mentality.  I suppose personally, I just do better deleting hubs that have very few views after 6 months, especially since I at least do a little bit of promotion for each hub.  I guess it all just depends on your preference.

working