jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

How should I spend my time on Hubpages?

1. passthejelly profile image81
    passthejellyposted 6 years ago

I am new to Hubpages and was wondering if it is more important to focus on creating new articles or to promote the ones I have. Also if anyone has any ideas on the best ways to promote articles it would be greatly appreciated.

1. starme77 profile image85
      starme77posted 6 years ago in reply to this

well, I would suggest the hubpages knowledge exchange thread - the hub challenge - and a ton of writing - the more quality hubs you write the better things will get smile welcome and Happy Writing smile smile

2. lady_love158 profile image61
      lady_love158posted 6 years ago in reply to this

You can start by reading my hubs leaving me comments and becoming my fan! LOL!

1. kmackey32 profile image81
        kmackey32posted 6 years ago in reply to this

2. Richieb799 profile image66
    Richieb799posted 6 years ago

Some people on here such as Misha earn a lot from 21 hubs because he has spend time on his SEO, however unless you have experienced a giant leap into traffic to one or two hubs I see no reason to stop writing.
    I have 1 hub which has been gaining 800 views a day and good clicks but I am working on achieving several hubs like this and sometimes you need luck for one hub to take off!

3. waynet profile image47
    waynetposted 6 years ago

By writing a decent amount of hubpages you are in a better position to measure the wider stats of your hubpages, IE: to see what works and what does'nt.

There's plenty of talented hubbers who have already helped others here with the required info and you'll find them if you search here on Hubpages.

4. JulieBMack profile image60
    JulieBMackposted 6 years ago

Probably a little of both.  Focus on writing quality hubs and promote the good ones.  I would say do not over self-promote - always think of your readers and who you are promoting to.  But, ultimately you should focus more energy on writing quality, helpful, and interesting hubs using good keyword research....

5. seamist profile image81
    seamistposted 6 years ago

Don't quote me, but I think Keyword Academy said you should spend 90% promoting your articles and 10% of your time building more content. I agree with them.

1. waynet profile image47
      waynetposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sounds like a plan and about right too!

2. kmackey32 profile image81
      kmackey32posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have been thinking about ordering that....

3. rb11 profile image85
      rb11posted 6 years ago in reply to this

KWA suggests 80/20, but were splitting hairs on this one.

Your plan of attack depends on intent. If your intent is to make money from Hubs, then SEO is at the top of the list. Monetizing and converting is some other good stuff to look at.

As someone mentioned, hubs is a good testing grounds for topics. You can also see how adsense pays for particular topics. Your topics also have cycles, so consider that when you see fluctuations in your stats.

6. katiem2 profile image60
    katiem2posted 6 years ago

and remember if you don't know how... do a hub search on what it is you need to learn.  People spends tons of money learning what you can learn here for free and with fantastic quality.  So don't forget about the little white box up to the upper right hand side to search for anything.

Much Success and Best Wishes big_smile