jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

unable to copy/paste a PDF or a Word doc into a text capsule.

1. writinginalaska profile image83
    writinginalaskaposted 6 years ago

I am trying to copy/paste either a PDF or a Word Document into a text capsule and no matter what i do it is not pasteing.   I scanned this document on a Scansnap scanner and it makes a PDF file.  I tried converting it to a Word Doc but when i do a copy/paste command it won't paste. I don't want to have to hand type this entire document into a text box or a new Word doc,  is there a work around to do this or suggestions? 

thank you.

1. SarahSilver profile image61
      SarahSilverposted 6 years ago in reply to this

are you in an ipad? I pads wont let you use some of the copy paste functions

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

Try to select all text in the Word document, then drag the text into the text capsule. Remember that the text capsule has to be opened for editing mode, or nothing will work.

If that does not work, save the Word file as a plain text file, double-click on that and try copy and paste from there.

3. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

Strange. Here's a few things I'd suggest you try:

1. Copy and paste something completely different just to make sure it's not a computer problem (copy a URL into notepad for instance).
    2. Copy and paste it into another program such as notepad or wordpro and then see if you can copy and paste it on.
    3. Try both methods for copying/pasting - highlight, right click and press copy AS WELL AS highlight, CTRL+C.
    4. Are you using a trial edition of word? If so I believe you can't copy and paste from it.

4. writinginalaska profile image83

nope,   not using an Ipad and not using a trial version of anything,  will try those suggestions tonight when i get home.  thanks all

5. Michael Willis profile image78
    Michael Willisposted 6 years ago

I only use the plain document in Word for any text I plan to copy/paste into a Hub.
    The only time I have had an issue (so far) with Word and copy/paste to a Hub is when the text in the Word document was copied and pasted into Word from another document or a web page. Even though I could not see it, there was obviously some coding there that would keep me from pasting into the Hub text capsule.

If you copy anything to Word and plan to copy/paste into a hub text capsule, I would suggest using the box "Paste Options" that appears in the lower right corner of the pasted article and check the "Keep Text Only." This will clear hyperlinks and codes that may be hidden when you pasted into the Word document.

6. writinginalaska profile image83

another good suggestion Michael  thank you.  Wow, such quick answers,  you guys are the best!