jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

EzineArticles vs Suite101 vs eHow?

1. CollegePrepU profile image61
    CollegePrepUposted 6 years ago

Hi all!
    I was just doing a little keyword research and found a few 'jems' that I am thinking about pursuing.  I'm relatively new to this and the whole keyword research thing, but I am wondering:

I've seen a few first page Google results for keywords that have had articles written about them over at Ezine, Suite101 and eHow.

Those articles don't have particularly good PR...maybe 2 or 3 at the most, so I'm wondering if a Hubpages article targeting the same keyword phrase would outrank an Ezine/Suite101/eHow article with a PR 3?  These are sitting at probably position 4 to 6 on the first page of Google results.

Anyone have any insight on this?

2. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

Your PR and ranking in the SERPs is going to largely depend on the number and quality of backlinks that you have going to it.

The short answer is yes--a hub has as good a chance as anything else at outranking pages from Suite101, eHow, eZine or any other like site.

3. vanchen profile image85
    vanchenposted 6 years ago

I've found that HubPages can out compete almost anything as long as you do the correct amount of both on page and off page optimization.

I know that sounds a bit vague, but you sound like you know what your talking about, so I trust you know all the details.

4. 0
    TopUniverseposted 6 years ago

Apart from PR don't forget to check the inbound links pointing to the competing pages. You can outrank those sites with quality inlinks to our hub.

5. brettb profile image70
    brettbposted 6 years ago

Your writing quality will help as well. Some (well a lot) of the eHow and eZine stuff is total rubbish.

6. CollegePrepU profile image61
    CollegePrepUposted 6 years ago

Thanks for the replies everyone!

BrettB...yeah, that's what I gathered from visiting those "articles" lol

Top...great advice, thanks!

Vanchen...I know what you're talking about!  I'm no expert, believe me, but I know the basics from the past couple years of writing articles online.

Irohner...a wealth of knowledge as always!  The reason why I posted this topic is because I used to write over at Ezine (then I found Hubpages big_smile) and I've learned that they have been getting beat out in the SERPS as of late.  When I saw those types of articles showing page 1 results, I figured a Hub could knock them down a peg...had to ask!