jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (17 posts)

How does shetoldme help in increasing traffic?

1. ponx profile image87
    ponxposted 6 years ago

I have heard a lot about shetoldme from HP.How exactly does it help in increasing traffic to my website?

2. Cagsil profile image61
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

How else? It's another place to write articles or tid-bits and link back to your hubs. wink big_smile

1. ponx profile image87
      ponxposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hey Casgil! I haven't had time to log into HP in a few days and all the traffic has gone down! smile
      But anyway...well I created an account in shetoldme but after "scooping", all my scoops are in the queued state...Now what does that mean?

1. minso profile image73
        minsoposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I read the following from SheToldMe FAQ. I think if you get a few hits, the scoop will go to first page (the status is changed to promoted).

- My scoops are still "QUEUED", when are they going to be published?

Don't be misled by the wording "QUEUED" and "PROMOTED" because it doesn't mean anything. Your scoops are available to any visitors and Google as soon as you submit them. Scoops are QUEUED at first, it means they haven't yet received a specific amount of votes from other users. When some of your scoops receive enough votes, they appear briefly on the front page of SheToldMe... Just for a few hours..
        QUEUED or PROMOTED, they are always available to everyone, it doesn't make any difference.
        After a while, both QUEUED and PROMOTED scoops are sent to the Archives, where they'll still be available to all.

1. ponx profile image87

Thanks for that info minso.

3. Bill Manning profile image72
    Bill Manningposted 6 years ago

My scoops have been in queue for a month! I guess whoever runs it does not do much there anymore. Time to move on,,,

1. ponx profile image87

Hi Bill!Well I guess that makes sense then..I am not the only one in the "queued" state I guess smile
      Do you have any other suggestions for traffic improvement?

1. Bill Manning profile image72
        Bill Manningposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well, just search for all the places like hubpages and blogger. Places you can make a quick fast blog and post articles on it, linking back to your stuff.

Or article places like squidoo and places like that. There's tons of them, too many to have time to use. smile

1. ponx profile image87

Thanks Bill...Yes I am sure there must be lots of them!Let me start off with one at a time.

2. rb11 profile image85
        rb11posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Check out Lissie's post http://hubpages.com/hub/Vox-Alternatives

Posterious seems to be a popular alternative.

1. ponx profile image87

Hi rb11. Thank you. Will have a look at the above hub.

2. Michael Willis profile image79
      Michael Willisposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Same here. It has run it's course I guess. I now see it as a waste of time using it. I do not get any traffic from the site at all, so I am not using it anymore.

1. ponx profile image87

Hi Michael. I had created an a/c because I saw a lot of hubs in HP mentioning it's name, but I guess it's not that popular anymore!

2. sabrebIade profile image81
        sabrebIadeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Wow...I thought I was the only one that was happening to.
        It looks like almost all of my recent stuff there is "queued".

1. ponx profile image87

Ok so I think this is a common complain smile

4. Lily Rose profile image82
    Lily Roseposted 6 years ago

I like Snipsly and Xomba...

1. ponx profile image87

Thanks Lily. Will check them out.

working