Blog and backlinks regarding Hubpages

1. Pamela Kinnaird W profile image86
    Pamela Kinnaird Wposted 6 years ago

I just noticed on the blog that I write that it says Allow Backlinks?  And I've always noticed how a link is on the top of the page if I want to use it, but I didn't know what for. (Before you think I'm dumb, please just remember I'm somebody's grandma. LOL)  So here's my question.  Would it do me any good to put a link to my hubpages here?  And if so, do I use the profile page url?  Or do I use a singular hub's url?  Is that an actual proper backlink? I can't remember which way it's supposed to go -- from here out or from out there to here -- in order to be effective.

1. Canal_Digital profile image59
      Canal_Digitalposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It depends on what you are trying to achieve with that link. For example if you want to have more people visiting your profile page and from there all your your hubs - place a profile link. On the other hand if you want to increase the score of a particular hub 0 use its URL.
      The main thing that the backlinks will help you for is to get more traffic and increase the popularity of your hubs or profile in Google.
      And No, I do not think you are dumb smile)) Each one of us spends his whole life learning...

1. Pamela Kinnaird W profile image86
        Pamela Kinnaird Wposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for your help. Okay, now this is the thing (did you know that originated with the Vikings? The Thing was like a court where decisions were made!).....that my blog is pretty much private.  I mean I don't really get traffic there, so does that wipe out the effect of it being a backlink?  I would assume it does....and so a few months ago I had the link on my profile page to the blog.  But that's not really a backlink, right?  Is there any benefit to having links TO the hubpages url's if one's blog is just unread and used like a journal?