jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (15 posts)

Plagiarism prevention banners

1. DjBryle profile image62
    DjBryleposted 6 years ago

Can we add Copyscape every time we post anew hub? I believe this can prevent plagiarism. Thanks!

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

It is only possible to add images, not the HTML code required to produce banners.

DjBryleposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the info Website examiner  smile

3. Peter Hoggan profile image85
    Peter Hogganposted 6 years ago

Unfortunately copyscape doesn’t prevent plagiarism but it does, to some extent, help you spot it.

lol! O yes, I said it wrongly, it does not prevent but it at least help you spot. Thanks Peter! smile

1. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I thought you said it correctly, because you were talking about the banners, and that is what they are for - to prevent, or at least discourage, plagiarism. Whether or not they are effective in doing that is another matter.

1. Peter Hoggan profile image85
          Peter Hogganposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I was simply stating the facts!

Content that is scraped from the web is rarely read first making the presence of a banner entirely academic. The process of finding content through to adding it to splogs etc. is completely automated.

If you think a banner can prevent plagiarism in any significant way you are completely naive.

1. profile image0
            Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

What the OP called "Plagiarism prevention banners" are clearly intended to prevent or discourage plagiarism. They may be effective in some cases. I am familiar with that they don't have any effectiveness in case of "scraping" and the like.

Thanks Website Examiner, you and Peter have really helped me concerning this... All the best! smile

4. Peter Hoggan profile image85

Setting up Google alerts for unique phrases from your Hubs, blog posts or web pages is probably more effective.

5. Peter Hoggan profile image85

Banners don’t work against plagiarists, never have and never will. I hate plagiarism as much as anyone but sticking up a copyscape banner is not going to deter anyone who has deliberately set out with the intention of stealing your content for their own commercial gain. Anyone who does should think twice about publishing on the web. (unless you write crap that nobody is interested in)

If you are going to write on sites like HubPages you stand a good chance of falling victim to plagiarism even though each hub contains this text ‘Copyright © 2010 HubPages Inc. and respective owners’. These are the facts.

WE I publish in excess of 2000 articles every week, I actually know a thing or two about this. Plagiarism prevention banners simply don’t work at any level.

Thank so much for these useful infos Peter Hoggan, I really appreciate them smile

6. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

Thanks Peter Hoggan, that is excellent information and I do respect your knowledge.

7. sunforged profile image64
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

The cost of running copyscape on Hubpages would be exorbitant !

Kiss your 60% impression share goodbye!

PH is quite right anyways, this should be common sense - those that dont play by the rules, are not dissuaded so easily.

Thanks Sunforged for such info... I thought Copyscape is free of charge. lol!

Anyway, you're right, no matter what you do, you just can't change the values and principles of people who don't play by the rules by just putting on a banner! All the best! smile

working