jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Hubpages Referral Program

1. HELLA profile image60
    HELLAposted 6 years ago

Can someone explain this in plain English? This is my take on it...I am only using this on Hubpages right now:

1) You click on "link to this page" if you like someone's hub and want to include it in your article.

2) The window comes up with linking info.

3) Copy the Tracking URL and past it into the hypertext of the hub that you wish to link to. Basically I mean changing the Link URL(that you are linking to) in your own hub to this new link URL.

QUESTION: Do I use the link URL or the HTML code? For use only on Hubpages I assume the Link URL.

4)And then what? Once someone clicks the link to said hub via the page of mine that they are reading, if that web surfer clicks on an add on the "linked" page, I get 10% of Hubpages revenue from that click?

I really just want to make sure that if I put a referral link, that it works properly. Thanks.

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

It is correct that you will use the link, not the HTML code, for HubPages. You get 10% of the page impressions for that page for 2 hours after someone visits using the link, regardless of whom may click on an ad on the page.

1. HELLA profile image60
      HELLAposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Awesome. Thanks. I am trying to set it up so that I can refer people to the Hubpages signup screen.  Do you also make money if you refer a new account? I saw that you can, but does it work the same way?

3. 0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

Very well. Essentially sign-ups work this way: you get 10% of the page impressions for life (from HubPages' share) of new members that you refer. If someone clicks on the link, you will be credited for their sign-up that occurs within 30 days.

Here are the detailed instructions for how to do it:

4. Pro Design Source profile image58
    Pro Design Sourceposted 6 years ago

It is a pretty cool bonus, but I don't think many people use it well. Simply because it is confusing and hard to figure out.

I wish they would automatically include your URL tracker in each inter linked hub page. I also wish they would give you a bit.ly address to tweet that automatically had your URL tracker code in it.