Anyone else on bloggingzoom.com ?

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (22 posts)
  1. Lissie profile image74
    Lissieposted 15 years ago

Anyone else on bloggingzoom: another digg like site but this one has a couple of twists: a) it only accpets blogs: sorry not hubpages but I know lots of people have blogs to promote their hubs and b) you are encouraged to submit your own posts: you don't have to hide it at all! You do however have to write an original paragraph when you submit the post: not too hard for all the great writers out there. 

It takes about 11 zooms to get on the front page: so if anyone would like to add me as a friend and zoom my submissions I will return the favour!
    http://bloggingzoom.com/user/view/profile/login/lissie

1. Lifebydesign profile image63
      Lifebydesignposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I just zoomed you lissie. Are you enjoying it along with the other stuff you're doing? I'm finding it hard to be prolific at the moment and wondering if you and others find it profitable that money is an added incentive, not just for love?

1. Marisa Wright profile image85
        Marisa Wrightposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I remember Lissie posting elsewhere that she was quite enjoying the whole marketing thing.  I still find I tend to sign up for sites like this, create a profile and a couple of posts, then really find it too tedious to continue. 

I figure that it's not a total loss though - at least I have another profile with a couple more links somewhere on the web!

2. Lissie profile image74
        Lissieposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Whats your handle ther -  I cant see u - or add me as a friend and I will see u! 

The incentive is quite simple: I hate working in my last career - IT - and now that I am ouit of it I am never going back to it! I am working part-time in mineral exploration at the moment - but that won' t be an option when we go back to NZ next year. 

I find that intermarketing is game: me versus google: and I have every intention of winning enough to live off! Not there yet but Ive had the light bulb moment: I know what  Ineed to do : build targetted niche sites - I just have to do the building/waiting/aging and hopefully in a year or so...
        so yes  I am motivated; when I sick of writing I go and get links - which takes longer than the actual writing!

Yep, that's my problem - I can never be sick enough of writing to be prepared to go and do all that boring link stuff.  But of course, I'm lucky that I quite like my day job, so I don't really need to develop an alternative income stream.

2. Marisa Wright profile image85
    Marisa Wrightposted 15 years ago

Just came across this post - I've joined!

Just curious - I notice you have a blog on bloggerunleashed where you post on a lot of current topics.  However, I can't see any sign of links to your HubPages or your other blogs, nor any advertising - so what are you getting out of it?

Its a contest over at bloggerunleashed.com - the idea is to get the most traffic over 3 months the winner gets a trip to Vegas.  Its been interesting: indeed frightening to see what the most commonly searched  phrases are on google in the US http://www.google.com/trends/hottrends updated hourly. 

Ive tried to get the bloggerunleashed stuff low profile as u have to write fast and publish it fast - the trend can be gone in the hour: the idea is that people find the post and then click on the ads because your content isnt that useful: not spam just not very useful ! I have made a few $ with it but I have been distracted the last week or so with some other projects.  Its certainly not passive or long-term income as the trends come and go : though ocaisionaly they come back again.  Being in Australia alot of the stuff relates to US TV which  I know little about.  The guy who is probably winning at  the moment is a journalist - and it shows - he's good. 

Its a learning experience but not something I am doing long-term.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 15 years ago

I joined too. Who knows, I may write something on my blog that I want to tell people about smile

4. Marisa Wright profile image85
    Marisa Wrightposted 15 years ago

Oops, it has belatedly dawned on me that I'm supposed to submit posts, not a link to the whole blog.  Drat!

5. dineane profile image82
    dineaneposted 15 years ago

Marisa, I did the same thing...oh well!

Lissie, thanks for the link!

Dineane

LOL - yeah submit the post: you can the badge to your potss as well- not sure about blogger u definitly can for WP.  Add me as your friend over there and  Iwill zoom your stuff too

They dont accept article sites such as HP - only blogs

Eh? What? Pardon?  Please explain?

Added you and Uninivited and Dineane and done a bit of zooming.

I zoomed you and Dineane too.  Uninvited you have to submit something for me to zoom!

If you look here: http://www.budget4wdtravel.com/ you will see a pretty blue and red badge just begging to be zoomed on my Gibb Rvier road post! Its a  plugin for WordPress!  You still have to be a user of bloggingzoom to count the vote though.  I actually joined BZ when they first launched in Nov: then most of the zooms came from my blog but now I find people trawl thru BZ looking for stuff to read so if you post on something that interests them and they like your short description on BZ you get zoomed there anyway.  At the moment u need about 15 zooms to get to the front page of BZ  (you will see the post move from the sumitted to the published list on your profile) and then that's a backlink from a PR3 : in fact from 13 and up u show on the upcoming posts on the right of bloggingzoom.com 

BTW if when you submit you get an incomplete message it means your description is < 350 characters

6. Shirley Anderson profile image71
    Shirley Andersonposted 15 years ago

It's very late where I am right now, so I'm going to look into signing up tomorrow, but I gave your hotposts page a Stumble thumbs up and review.

7. Lissie profile image74

Thanks Shirley!

8. Lissie profile image74

I find link building and TV go well together : but my needlepoint has been put away which is a bit of a shame! 
    Yes I have been where you are now and that's fine too: this is no get quick rich scheme as you well know: My first career took 4 years at uni full-time my second career took 1 year full-time plus another couple of years-part time.  I think Internet marketing is going to take 1-2 years in total: the trouble is that you have to figure your your own syllabus as you go along :-)

9. profile image50
    flayzentposted 15 years ago

i use blogvibrations.com - its similar but they have a lot of bigger competitions =]

Apparently they have alot of massive features coming soon!

10. Gaget Girl profile image70
    Gaget Girlposted 15 years ago

Thanks for the link!

I'll check it out smile

11. Research Analyst profile image74
    Research Analystposted 15 years ago

It sounds like an interesting site, I will look for you Lissie.

12. Eileen Hughes profile image62
    Eileen Hughesposted 15 years ago

Hi lissie,  I joined a few months ago.   But everytime I try to add an article it says title wrong  I have tried to do it from all three blogs and it comes up with the same thing and wont let me go anyfurthur.
    So gave up and couldnt be bothered in the end

13. Lissie profile image74

If it says something like title incomplete - it means that your short description has to be unqiue - not copied from the article and has to be at lease 350 charcters lines: about 4 lines usually

14. nicolap profile image60
    nicolapposted 15 years ago

I haven't joined because my posts are very short - the BloggingZoom description would probably be onger than the post! I should check it out though and see if I can get anything from it.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)