jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

What do you think so far? Any suggestions?

1. TheWorldNow profile image73
    TheWorldNowposted 6 years ago

Below is my profile. Check out my hubs and let me know what you think on the hubs or here! Thanks!
    http://hubpages.com/profile/TheWorldNow

1. Maddie Ruud profile image82
      Maddie Ruudposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Welcome to HubPages!

It really depends what you're going for.  If you'd like to be read by people outside of the HubPages community (and/or make money), you should choose your hub topics and titles a little differently.  Current events and political commentary will only be relevant for a little while, and won't continue to get traffic in the long term.  Choose topics that are "evergreen" instead.

As far as titles, try to think about what someone might type into Google to find your hub.  Instead of "Suggested Reading," something like "10 Best Fantasy Novels" is more descriptive and will probably get you more traffic.

TheWorldNowposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks so much! I will work to make my titles and hubs more interesting and searchable!

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

I agree with Maddie Ruud about the "evergreen" aspect, although I personally found your hub on Iran's missile test interesting.

The Wikileaks hub is definitely too short. You should aim for 500 words or more.

Questioning our Fundamental Beliefs has a problem: The comments capsule is placed above the final text capsule, therefore readers will comment without having read the full article.

TheWorldNowposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I would say the Wikileaks hub is by far my weakest and I may get rid of it all together.
      Thanks for the advice! I changed the comment capsule problem. I really appreciate it!

working