jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

New Feature Idea

1. profile image0
    Twenty One Daysposted 6 years ago

I am in process of building yet another website and a nifty idea came across my mind, especially for Web Authors.

What if there was a widget for a dictionary and/or thesaurus in the editor mode. This would assist the writer in adding interesting verbal excitement to the article and perhaps a more niche keyword enhancement for Kontera, etc.

Since HP has teamed up with Widgetbox, am almost certain they have a Cambridge unabridged dictionary widget or perhaps (although I don't know how accurate it is, a Babylon widget).

I see it as something that calls back the word, definition and synonyms, antonyms, yada yada. Am looking into possibilities for my new site, and will post any links etc.

Just An Idea.
    Cheers,

James.

1. BRIAN SLATER profile image86
      BRIAN SLATERposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sounds like a very good idea- everyone from time to time keeps using the same word throughout their hub so a thesaurus is a brilliant idea. Good luck with the site.

2. profile image0
    Twenty One Daysposted 6 years ago

Thanks Brian!

here is a quick Thesaurus search toolbox. It brings back the info, PLUS a word map by relevence. Really interesting.

Thesuarus

1. BRIAN SLATER profile image86
      BRIAN SLATERposted 6 years ago in reply to this

thanks for that just tried it and bookmarked- thankyou.

3. ross670daw profile image80
    ross670dawposted 6 years ago

That's a good idea, isn't it possible for you to create your own widget at Widgetbox? I know they have updated their platform with more features, would be a great addition.

1. profile image0
      Twenty One Daysposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hey Ross. Yes, I am creating one for my food website, through Widget-Box, but also looking into this Virtual Thesaurus, especially for the map relevance. This way, authors can see variations of a particular word, which they could integrate into their articles, increasing engine pick-up and especially reading intrigue.

1. ross670daw profile image80
        ross670dawposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sounds great Twenty One Days, a bit like an article-spinner, i'll be following along, can't wait to see the outcome.

working