jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

can somewone give me tips on how to unprove my hub

1. 60
    ryancoolposted 6 years ago

can somewone give me tips on how to unprove my hub please

2. BDRLondon profile image60
    BDRLondonposted 6 years ago

Do you mean improve?

1. 60
      ryancoolposted 6 years ago in reply to this

3. Cagsil profile image82
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Welcome to HubPages!

For future reference, if you would like help, you should open a thread in the Extreme Hub Makeover forum. I have reported this forum thread, so as to get Staff to move it to the Extreme Hub Makeover forum without YOU opening another thread.

To begin with, your grammar needs work. Second, each of your hubs shows me that you seem to thing that a "Hub" is a "Blog", which isn't true.

Your hubs barely have any sort of content to them. Thus, you need to increase the content. That means, write more about the topics.

Another thing you might consider is reading the stuff in the "Learning Center" for new hub writers, so you have a better idea of what you are doing, because as it stand right now, you don't.

There are a number of hub writers, like Frogdropping who wrote two excellent articles for new hub writers...each is a suggested read.

Not to mention, you could benefit from Darkside, who is also an excellent writer, who has written several hubs about HubPages and the inner workings. Again, a suggestion for you to read.

I hope that helped.

1. 60
      ryancoolposted 6 years ago in reply to this

im sorry ive had 2 cliks

4. ddsurfsca profile image78
    ddsurfscaposted 6 years ago

You most definately need to look at your grammer and spelling.  You use "words" that are not words, like hafta.  It also would probably help you if you looked at some other peoples hubs maybe on similar subjects and compare the difference between what you are doing and what they did.
       Go to the correct forums where they are discussing these kinds of problems also, for you are not alone, and there are others that can help too.  Maybe go to the "need help"  or  the "knowledge exchange"

5. Starfishfelix profile image74
    Starfishfelixposted 6 years ago

I have to agree with ddsurfsca and Cagsil that the Hub's grammar and spelling needs to be touched up.  I usually write whatever I'm going to write, spell check, put it aside for a day or two, then go over it again.

I would also increase your actual content - expand on the topics you touched on and make them separate sections, etc.

6. SteveoMc profile image92
    SteveoMcposted 6 years ago

I read the Pokeman Hub.  You are going to find great difficulty with making edits because you use a lot of words that are wrong, but will not be caught by a spell checker, for example in the first paragraph, you have the following incorrect words:  u for you, haft for have, theme for them, and meat for meet.  Those are all spelled correctly but are the wrong word.   You will need someone to edit for you to catch these mistakes but it is necessary because there are so many of them. 

The topic is a good topic, but you leave me, the person who knows nothing about Pokeman wondering, "What could this be about?"

You need more solid content. 

Welcome to HubPages, I think you have a good topic and I think you should work on it.