jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (15 posts)

Click through ratio dropped this month badly

1. David 470 profile image87
    David 470posted 6 years ago

Last month my click through ratio was <snipped>, but now this month it has dramatically reduced to <snipped>. This is horrible and I have the same amount of traffic similar anyway as last month. It looks as though I will have to produce 1000 hubs if my ctr is going to crap...

2. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

You do know that you're not supposed to publicly reveal your AdSense CTR, right?

David 470posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I did not realize this thanks for that information, I thought you could not reveal your exact earnings.

1. EmpressFelicity profile image83
        EmpressFelicityposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Weirdly, it's perfectly OK from Google's point of view to say things like "I earned $xxx last month" or "I've earned $xxx on Adsense so far".  What Google doesn't like you doing is saying what your click-through rate or eCPM is (eCPM is the amount Google estimates you're currently earning every 1,000 views).

Be very wary also of giving information about your earnings and your number of views in the same post.  If you say "I had 10,000 views last month and earned $50", then people can work out your eCPM from this.  So technically you're breaking Google's TOS.

Yeah that is pretty strange. They probably have a good reason, but its quite unorthodox.

1. Pcunix profile image89
            Pcunixposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The reason is that they don't want us comparing earnings.  Some folks probably get better deals than others.

2. Pcunix profile image89
          Pcunixposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have wondered about this.  They do not mention earnings per thousand specifically, only click rates:

7.      Confidentiality. You agree not to disclose Google Confidential Information without Google's prior written consent. "Google Confidential Information" includes without limitation: (a) all Google software, technology, programming, specifications, materials, guidelines and documentation relating to the Program; (b) click-through rates or other statistics relating to Property performance in the Program provided to You by Google; and (c) any other information designated in writing by Google as "Confidential" or an equivalent designation. However, You may accurately disclose the amount of Google’s gross payments to You pursuant to the Program. Google Confidential Information does not include information that has become publicly known through no breach by You or Google, or information that has been (i) independently developed without access to Google Confidential Information, as evidenced in writing; (ii) rightfully received by You from a third party; or (iii) required to be disclosed by law or by a governmental authority.

3. Flightkeeper profile image78
    Flightkeeperposted 6 years ago

I'm glad you said that Irohner, I didn't know that. Thanks!

4. Greek One profile image78
    Greek Oneposted 6 years ago

i once had a click

1. profile image0
      klarawieckposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'm sure it was mine.

1. Greek One profile image78
        Greek Oneposted 6 years ago in reply to this

don't get me started on you click, lovely KLara smile

5. Kidgas profile image77
    Kidgasposted 6 years ago

I have seen a drop this month as well.

I was actually expecting my ratio to be similar this month

6. sunforged profile image66
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

the definition of "property"  is important in this mystery.

Is a property a specific location on a specific page ?

The overall territory covered by your adsense account?

blah, blah blah

The truth is, there is no reason to disclose such data publicly, and adsense doesnt give second chances or solid explanations if they decide they no longer want to partner with you.

Discussing a single metric or just stating "approximately" 2%  - etc is a safe enough for workaround for any discussion you may want in a public arena

7. Kidgas profile image77
    Kidgasposted 6 years ago

The fact is it only states that you may disclose gross payments so that is what I limit my discussion to unless it is in a general sense like my traffic is up or down.

working