jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

how to delete hacaked account

1. darkrose4 profile image60
    darkrose4posted 6 years ago

hello, i had to create a new hubpages account because my old one got hacked and i want to know how to delete the old account and still keep my new account? please help thanks

1. Cagsil profile image60
      Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I am more curious "HOW" your HubPages account was hacked? It is on HubPages servers. hmm

1. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Maybe changing password and associated email address would suffice, if the Original Poster still has access.

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago
    1. profile image0
      DoorMattnomoreposted 6 years ago in reply to this

or follow this link...  smile

3. profile image0
    DoorMattnomoreposted 6 years ago

To delete your account send an email with the subject "close my account" in the subject line and the username of the account you want closed in the message. (That keeps the one you want safe) Make sure you send the email from the address you used to sign up with.

team@hubpages.com

1. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Good point, provided that email account has not been hacked. Which is why I didn't want to get into that aspect.

1. profile image0
        DoorMattnomoreposted 6 years ago in reply to this

hmm..I suppose if it was sent from a different mail but with the account name and an explaination, it would be fine.

When I had to delete my first account I sent it from the wrong address, and Maddie sent me an email to my hubpages associated address to make sure I had requested the closure. I had already figured out my mistake and sent a proper request, so the account was closed by the time I got the email. So sending it from a different address most likely will work, just takes a bit longer.

working