jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

How does this make money?

1. hanijane profile image60
    hanijaneposted 6 years ago

If I write hubs, who will read them? Only the other hubbers? How will it make money? Is there a certain way to do this... I am really new hear and eager to get a jump start on the whole thing. Any suggestions are helpful! If you can, check out my page and give me feedback. Am I on the right path?
    Thanks a lot!

1. BDazzler profile image84
      BDazzlerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hub pages is a pretty cool place.  As a site, it has a very high authority rating with google. That means that articles you write here are more likely to be found in search engines than if you write them elsewhere.

It's a "long haul" thing though.

Google searchers will read them. Other hubbers read them.  If you post them on facebook your friends will read them.

Misha has written some pretty cool keyword articles.

I don't make a lot of money on hub pages, but then, I'm not trying to.

Mark Knowles and Misha are probably the two best money makers on hub pages.  You don't have to listen to their anti-religion rants but it would be wise to listen to their pro-money instruction! smile

1. hanijane profile image60
        hanijaneposted 6 years ago in reply to this

2. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Just reading the FAQ can go a long way towards answering your questions.

2. Kidgas profile image79
    Kidgasposted 6 years ago

Ryan Kett also has published some good stuff as well as Darkside and sunforged.  Read about keywords and keyword research.  Learn a little about SEO and backlinks for driving traffic.  Then, it simply takes time and effort to get the results you seek.

3. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

Read the FAQ (see Relache's posts.)

Write quality hubs - lots of them. It can take a few months to get a reasonable amount of traffic, in the meantime keep writing.

Learn how to use keywords and SEO to make the best hub possible.

4. hanijane profile image60
    hanijaneposted 6 years ago

Thank you guys are awesome!

1. nikmaya62 profile image49
      nikmaya62posted 6 years ago in reply to this

We have same problem, I've joined with hubpages for 2 months, but my adsense earning is still $0,01. I hope some body can help me also.

5. 2uesday profile image90
    2uesdayposted 6 years ago

This is how I have found my way around the subject-

Write hubs. As you write you learn and the more quality hubs you have the better.

Use HubPages Learning Centre and the FAQ - find info at the top of this page where it says help.

Then read hubs about SEO (search engine optimisation) and how others make money - some Hubbbers offer great info - (but be aware that some advice from newbies with few hubs might not be accurate).

Enjoy writing about what you know and the money aspect will fall into place bit by bit as you learn. After a year here I am still learning from reading others Hubs and the forums.

Sometimes luck plays a part so do not get too worried about the details to begin with.

Most important for me is to - get a good title for your Hub - i.e. one that you would type in to a search engine on the subject. For me that is SEO at its most basic but it does work for me sometimes.