jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

I'm curious

1. schoolgirlforreal profile image75
    schoolgirlforrealposted 6 years ago

When we get notified and see on our account page that hubs are going up or down......

HOW DOES THAT EFFECT PEOPLE WHO VIEW OUR HUBS????
    DOES IT PLACE OUR HUB IN A BETTER "POSTION" SO IT GETS MORE READS IF IT IS UPed or DOWNed??

Sorry for the caps.

1. relache profile image88
      relacheposted 6 years ago in reply to this

1) It has zero effect on people who view your Hubs.

2) It has zero effect on placement or position of Hubs. 

Those up and down arrows are just an "at a glance" feature to give you the most general idea of overall traffic trending of the most recent activity for that Hub.

2. profile image0
      ankigarg87posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Ups and Down doesn't effects no of visitors coming to your hub.As sometimes less no of visitors are high on a particular day and other days there is down of visitors.So don't worry about up and down of visitors.We cannot do anything to increase dially no of visitors

2. Cagsil profile image59
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Hey Schoolgirl,

I have been here 11 months, going on my 1 year mark and I've been able to establish, if this helps....

Any hubs on your statistics page that has a 75 rating on them for their category, should be on the featured section of the topic. If there are more hubs with higher ratings, then the threshold is obviously higher.

If you have a hub that is rated 75, but 20 other hubs are rated higher, then those will be featured before you.

If you have a hub that is rated 90, then the likelihood your hub gets more views in it's category is better.

This is subjected to banklinking, not only within HubPages, but outside it as well. You shouldn't be concerned with traffic coming from HubPages and should be more concerned with traffic coming from outside sources.

The little arrows going up and down, is only tracking traffic on the rolling 24 hours format, which is what causes the arrows to appear in the first place.

If you had 10 views today, and 10 views yesterday, then only 5 views today, then the blue arrow is going to show up, saying traffic is down.

If you had 10 views today, and 10 views yesterday, then 50 views today, then the red arrows is going to show up, saying traffic is going up.

The arrows do not show up when there is a constant average being obtained.

I hope that helped.

1. schoolgirlforreal profile image75
      schoolgirlforrealposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It did help alot. thanks! I can't wait to search for my hubs in the cattegory to see .....but I know I need to backlink too and focus on outside traffic

genius!!

working