jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Photos for Contest Hubs

1. Kyriana profile image80
    Kyrianaposted 6 years ago

When I was going through the contest rules for this month's contest, Hubpages Marks the Spot, I noticed the recommendation to use original photographs in the hubs. I thought 'why not?' and went out taking pictures for the hubs I've submitted to the contest.

I can now answer the question 'Why not?'

I am no photographer. I don't have an eye for a good shot or cropping. Apparently I lean slightly so all of my pictures are slightly tipped and that has to be corrected. The pictures I take end up to be like 3000x2400pixels and I have to resize as well as edit.

It took me two days to post the hub I just posted. LOL!!! I don't think I will change my path to photography anytime soon.

I am still enjoying the contest and who know, I might get better at taking pictures through all of this. lol

1. 0
      Richard Stephenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

As far as framing and composition go, yes, you will have to learn how to do that.  But you probably can make things a little easier by setting your camera to a lower resolution.  Most cameras will allow you do that.  At least you will have one less thing to do to get your pics ready for your hubs.  Good luck!

1. rmcrayne profile image95
        rmcrayneposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thankfully I have my brother "Vern" for tech issues, as well as taking photos.

2. BRIAN SLATER profile image87
    BRIAN SLATERposted 6 years ago

I suppose if google wants original content that must include pictures as well- so goodluck to your photography lessons-you might end up buying a new camera and you could do a hub on it-just a thought.

1. Kyriana profile image80
      Kyrianaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Brian that is a good idea! The title would have to be Photography for Dummies lol