jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (22 posts)

writing hubs

1. BRIAN SLATER profile image86
    BRIAN SLATERposted 6 years ago

Does anyone get other hubbers to write hubs for them?, are there people that do this and what are the normal!!! rates for each hub.
    I haven't seen anyone advertising this service but just thought that some of the older hubbers may know of someone.

2. 0
    Uma07posted 6 years ago

This could be possible Brian,especially for those who are weak in English or are too lazy to write a hub.I would like to know too if this is happening.

3. 0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

I have never seen that either. But hubs are really no different than custom written commercial articles, which are available for purchase from sites such as textbroker.com.

4. Shadesbreath profile image90
    Shadesbreathposted 6 years ago

I'll write 1200-2000 word researched articles for you for $800 bucks apiece.  Turn-around four days.  Illustrations will cost more.  big_smile

1. lorlie6 profile image84
      lorlie6posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sounds reasonable, Shades.  I'll do my own illustrations, however!  smile

5. BRIAN SLATER profile image86

thanks shadesbreath and lorlie6 but, and its a big but $800 is on the cheap side and was looking to pay at least double that for original content, I may come back to lorlie as i like the idea of your own illustration.LOL

1. 0
      Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Textbroker is too cheap for you? It is a reputable company, and you will get an exclusive license. There are several other similar service providers.

6. A la carte profile image62
    A la carteposted 6 years ago

I thought this site was to allow people to express themselves by writing their own thoughts, dreams, desires or whatever.The idea of getting someone else to write never even crossed my mind. I feel truly naive.  Ah well will stick to what I know and also continue to write for myself. $800 for a short essay sounds lovely although lol.

1. 0
      Kathryn LJposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, quotes on People per Hour are considerably less!

2. 0

The only point in buying content would be if you can find a profitable niche. But the hubbers who know how to do this typically don't want to sell their contents or skills, they keep their knowledge to themselves.

3. WryLilt profile image86
      WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

...and many people do express themselves here, some purely through creative writing. Others decide they want to be here purely to make money.

However I find the majority (myself included) like to find a happy medium between the two.

1. 0

Has there recently been a paradigm shift towards the left?

1. WryLilt profile image86

Uh can you rephrase that? What do you mean by left?

1. 0

The creative side of the writing business. So have you recently focused more on creative writing than before, in spite of it not being so profitable?

1. WryLilt profile image86

Ah thought you were talking about the site in general.

And no. In fact I'd say the opposite - other than working on my manuscript I've been writing more keyword/product based hubs.
              I see it as doing the yucky stuff now so I can earn the skill and money to write as I wish later.

I cannot resist an occasional journey back into creativity, however. smile

7. BRIAN SLATER profile image86

good answer website examiner- i'm not thinking of doing this i was purely asking the question if some hubbers do pay others to do there work.

1. 0

Thanks Brian Slater, I understand. I'm sure that there are hubbers who get their writing done for them, but they're probably too proud to admit this publicly.

8. ns1209 profile image35
    ns1209posted 6 years ago

Yes I was surprised to when I thought of this and there was a thread about it and by the way - some do!  I don't but some people do.

9. BRIAN SLATER profile image86

website examiner you are dead right but I thought this thread might just get one or two to stick their hands up and admit it.

1. 0

It's an underground kind of thing. Buyers are underground, sellers are underground. Where do they convene? This we do not know.

10. WryLilt profile image86
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

There may be a few relevant links if you search the forums for 'outsourcing'. Here is one:

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/43926

11. BRIAN SLATER profile image86

thankyou Wrylit

working