jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Dead spiders?

1. wilderness profile image97
    wildernessposted 6 years ago

I now have 10 hubs, published from 8-27 to yesterday, that have not been indexed.  A little checking also found 3 more that I changed the title on 2 weeks ago that still show the old title in a google search.

Have all the spiders died and quit crawling?  Or is connected to the work to be done tomorrow?  That's 23% of my hubs!

1. Benjimester profile image90
      Benjimesterposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I've noticed the spiders are slow these days too.  I bet you're right that it's connected to the maintenance.

2. Ivorwen profile image84
    Ivorwenposted 6 years ago

Try pinging your articles.  I have heard this helps them to be found by search engines.

*You can search places to ping from.

wildernessposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If I haven't seen any change in a couple of days, I'll try that.  I haven't the faintest how to do it, but bet I can find out!  Thanks.

1. Ivorwen profile image84
        Ivorwenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It is really simple.  The pinging site I have in my bookmarks is Ping-o-Matic.  http://pingomatic.com/

I had it bookmarked in such a way, that when I looked things up it pinged the last URL I had used.  It is very, very simple!  smile

Oh, and have you checked other search engines for your articles?  Just 'cause google doesn't get to it right away does not mean it is not indexed somewhere.  I get traffic from some pretty crazy places.

"Traffic from some pretty crazy places" - you got that right!  Crazy places, indeed.

Yahoo is about the same for indexing - 10 not done, although not the same ten.  Maybe that's a good sign! big_smile

3. timorous profile image91
    timorousposted 6 years ago

It takes them spiders a while to get around (8 legs notwithstanding).  I changed my website's name about 4 months ago, with re-directs from the old to the new.  According to Google Analytics, I'm getting some revived traffic to the old name, after I figured it had gone dead, as I had hoped.  These visitors were apparently from (it said) Romania and Brazil and such.  Perhaps the change takes a while to get around to all the global servers.

Be patient, I guess. neutral

No.  No patience.  I'll throw myself on the floor and kick and scream first!
                                                  lol
      Seriously, I had this problem some time ago and posted a bunch of RSS feeds to locations in Sunforged's hub - I immediately got 8 or 10 hubs indexed withing 24 hours.  Can't do it again though - the new stuff is already in those feeds.  I may just have to wait and have (spitting and hissing) patience.

working