Google Adwords Phishing Scam - Don't get caught

1. Eric Graudins profile image60
    Eric Graudinsposted 8 years ago

I'm seeing an extraordinary amount of SPAM addressed that tries to make you think it's from Google, and that your adwords account account is going to be shut down.
    It says it's from Google-AdWords with the subject: "Please re-submit Your Payment Information" and starts out:

Dear Google AdWords Customer,

We were unable to process your payment.
    Your ads will be suspended soon unless we can process your payment.
    To prevent your ads from being suspended, please update your payment information.

It then gives a link to a site which will capture your adwords login details.

The email certainly looks authentic, and has caught many people.
    It's only a close look at the link which gives the game away.

If you receive this email - ignore it.

If you already know aall about phishing - sorry to have wasted your time.

If you want to find out more about  how to identify dodgy emails- check out a hub I wrote called
    "Fake Email Links - How to identify them".

Sorry, No link - I think this would be against forum rules. But Hey - You're an intelligent Hubber. You know how to find the hub if you want to see it.

2. 59
    Mundargi08posted 8 years ago

Thank you for your timely warning about the  fake e-mails from  the scammers.
    It is happening in case of some other sites too.These cyber-thieves some how want to retrieve the  information from the gullible net-users.Creating awareness about this, will definitely help many of the unwary.

3. moifah profile image60
    moifahposted 8 years ago

I've been getting alot of these as well, almost clicked on one too.  Damn thing got moved into my proper adwords folder in Outlook.

These scammers/spammers are always very clever.