jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (15 posts)

Keyword question

1. saleheensblog profile image61
    saleheensblogposted 6 years ago

HP provide us a list of keyword using which people found our hubs. I did not not add many of those keywords in my initial tags.
    Now will I add them in the tags? Sometimes the keywords are very long and misspelled, like "how to get more folloer in hubpages"
    What should I do with these tags?

1. sarovai profile image64
      sarovaiposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Add it. It is good for search engine optimization. Either it may be from the paragraph written or some suggested keyword tag.

2. goldenpath profile image81
    goldenpathposted 6 years ago

Yes!  Also, above that are the words looked for but not found in your title.  Adjust your title with those words.  It's helped my numbers. smile

saleheensblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

thank you goldenpath i will add them.

1. goldenpath profile image81
        goldenpathposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Under each of the above sections I would only worry about the top percentages and not the onesy twosies.  Keywords, links and photos have been good to me.

2. IntimatEvolution profile image81
      IntimatEvolutionposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It did mine too.

1. goldenpath profile image81

Cool picture for Halloween.  Great plug for traffic.  Perhaps I should stick a hat on with a clown face.  That may give me a boost. smile smile

3. Ivorwen profile image84
    Ivorwenposted 6 years ago

What if you are being found for things that your article is not about?

good question, I was just going to ask. Or by something that covers a very little part of the content.

2. goldenpath profile image81

Relevant keywords should be given to your article.  Not doing so can effect your rating and possible flagging.

got it

2. Ivorwen profile image84
        Ivorwenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That is what I thought, so have not added in any of irrelevant key words, after all, people are clicking in, knowing that I am not covering just what they are looking for.  I would hate to be deceptive.

4. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Keywords/Tags are things that people need to be typing into search engines. The keywords/tags offer as suggestion by HubPages are not always best.

Hence, the reasoning built-in to SEO techniques, such as "keyword research", which allows you to determine competition for specific words people such for and what "advertisers" are willing to pay for certain words.

Sunforged has an excellent hub on keyword tips. Highly recommended reading.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Keyword-tips-Mo … g-keywords

1. Ipeoney profile image85
      Ipeoneyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Did my keyword choice did it? One of my Hub Philippine Coconuts.... is doing good in Google search. Or maybe it's because there is few keyword competition?

5. Mutiny92 profile image86
    Mutiny92posted 6 years ago

I think it is very smart to watch the trends on what is searched by to reach your hub and through what search engine.  I have a few hubs that I tweaked based on the stats.  They said that more than a few searches reached my hub while looking for KWs that were not included by me.  I made some minor tweaks and saw improvement.

I try to look at each hub at least once every few weeks to see if any new trends may be impacting them.  It is always smart to reanalyze your work and see where you can improve...It may be enough that you would want to create a "cousin" hub to it just to target those new KWs.

working