jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

slide show ignores some of my photos??

1. cascoly profile image61
    cascolyposted 6 years ago

checked faq, help center et al but couldnt find anything related to these 2 'features':

I just noticed that the slide show does noit include all f the photos i have in a hub.  It looks like it's skipping the panorama images??

also, the images i've uploaded appear fuzzier than they should be, especially when they've been reduced in size from the originals -- does hubpages store images at a lower quality level or otherwise downsize the images?

2. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 6 years ago

you need a certain resolution for a image to be added in slideshow, anything under that will not be added.

3. cascoly profile image61
    cascolyposted 6 years ago

thanks - the panoramas are at higher res than the others - maybe it's getting mixed up and doesnt realize a 3000 x 500 image is bigger than a 800 x 800 one?

is there any place that discusses these requirements?

1. Maddie Ruud profile image82
      Maddie Ruudposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Images must be 200x150 or larger (which it says right under the slideshow checkbox in edit mode on your hub).  You do not have any 3000x500 images on your hubs, but you do have some 400x128, 400x112, 400x115, etc, which would not show up in a slideshow.  Perhaps you uploaded downsized thumbnails rather than the whole file by mistake?

Please check on that, and then if you're still having problems, contact us with the URL to the hub in question as well as which images are missing from the slideshow.

1. cascoly profile image61
        cascolyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

thanks, i did see the 200x150 [30,000] but didnt realize some of my images were still too small - as suspected,  these would be panoramic views   which have > 30,000 pixels, but not the minimum in each direction

i did some further checking & it looks like hubpages stores a copy of the image we submit  from our url, but then downsizes it if we show it in the hub as 1/2 or 1/4 - i had thought that was just for the dislay and that the larger image was available if the small one was clicked on.  eg, i sent in a 300 x 200 image, but since i asked for 1/2 width, it only stored as 180 x 120 - and that small one gets blown up in the slide show, with predictable results.

i submit the smaller images because there is no protection for the images - on my photo website, when someone does a right click, the 'save picture' option is disabled and they're redirected to a page where they can get a free copy of the image.  hubpages lacks that protection, so i keep the images small