jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)

Google Analystics on more than one site

1. Spacey Gracey profile image74
    Spacey Graceyposted 6 years ago

I've just set up a website for a friend. Can I use my Google Analytics ID that I use for HP on this site too? Or do I need to create a new account?

And when I posted the code that appears in my HP affiliate settings, the other site said it appeared incomplete - so what am I missing, and where do I find the complete code?

Ta.

2. skyfire profile image72
    skyfireposted 6 years ago

No. You should use different ID for another website.

Here at HP you use only Analytics ID(no need for the rest of the code as it is taken care of by HP's automated script). But for your own site you're supposed to use HTML/JS code that analytics generate for you.

1. Pcunix profile image89
      Pcunixposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes, but that code can use the same Adsense ID.  You do not need a different ID  for every site.

1. skyfire profile image72
        skyfireposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Different ID is only required if you're sharing your analytics ID with site which has different adsense account. Otherwise it'll work fine.

But in case of other sites, she needs to copy whole HTML/JS code and not just ID.

1. Pcunix profile image89
          Pcunixposted 6 years ago in reply to this

So you are thinking the other site (which she did not identify, unfortunarely) is asking her for code, not her ID?

That is possible - she might want to tell us where she set up the site or exactly what it is asking her.

3. Spacey Gracey profile image74

OK - thanks.

4. Pcunix profile image89
    Pcunixposted 6 years ago

You can use the same id, but if you set it up for a friend, should not they be getting their own id?

I have three sites (including HP) that all use the same ID and are three different profilles in Analytics.

It is convenient to have the Adsense reports show all my income and Analytics breaks it apart for me so I can see that.

Why you are having issues, I can't say.  Are they asking for ID or for the ad code ?

5. Spacey Gracey profile image74

Hello guys I'm back online - thanks for taking the time to try and help me out.

My friend runs a local dance school and I have set up a website for her with moonfruit.com. I'm going to link it in with her dance schools facebook page, and get it listed in about 30 free local business directories.

I thought it would be fun if I could give her a few stats. The site can tell me total number of visitors but that's it.

It has a box that says 'please post your Google Analytics ID code block'.

The site does not have AdSense and there are no plans to add it (in fact I don't even think we could if we wanted to).

6. Spacey Gracey profile image74

OK - think I sorted it out - I created a new account under my Google Analytics and pasted in the code block it gave me - now when  am logged in to Google Analytics I can choose to see HP stats or G-Stars stats.

7. Pcunix profile image89
    Pcunixposted 6 years ago

Opps - we both saw Adsense where you plainly said Analytics!

Yes, you did the right thing.

8. Spacey Gracey profile image74

Lol - thats because I am such a money grabbing hubber you probably couldnt believe I would work on something without a financial interest in it big_smile.

Thank Pcunix - I really appreciate that you take the time to help people like me. I knew nothing about this stuff six months ago and now I am offering online marketing advice to people I know.

working