jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

trojan fixes

1. 60
    rnelsonfposted 6 years ago

I have a trojan that's preventing me from getting to the internet for a fix. Is there a way to get around this? Is there a way to link/network my uninfected lap top so I can fix the infected pc?

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

Depending on what you have, a complete system reinstall may be the only way to return to safe computing. These things have a way to hide deep inside your system, so even when you think your system is clean it may not be.

3. qwark profile image60
    qwarkposted 6 years ago

A used "trojan" is a
    You have a dirty mind!   lol

4. SteveoMc profile image91
    SteveoMcposted 6 years ago

A possible solution is to restart your computer in safe mode with internet.   This may allow you to download malware and virus software that may be able to correct the situation.

If you get this far, try cnet for free malware bytes, and avast anti virus software.

Another option is to restart your computer in safe mode and return the computer to a previous configuration that worked.  Find this by following this path: (Assuming Windows XP) start>programs>accessories>systemtools>restore   Choose a restore point a week or so back and try to restore the system to before the infection.   If this is successful, run malware and anti virus scans several times.   This should do it.

5. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

I agree with Steveo--try starting up in safe mode with Internet. Then I suggest you go to MajorGeeks.com and post on their forum. If you can't get there with your infected laptop, use another.

There are a certain series of steps they will have you take before you post, but it will give them the info that they need to tell you what you need to do.

I've used them many, many times before with great success. And they're FREE! smile