jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (23 posts)

Can i built a hub just for sharing beautiful pictures?

1. PierrePierre profile image60
    PierrePierreposted 6 years ago

I want to built a hub just including pictures. Does it violate hubpages's rules?

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image80
      Ultimate Hubberposted 6 years ago in reply to this

There are many picture hubs so I believe it is allowed as far as the pictures don'g violate the TOS.
      BTW have you photographed those pictures you are going to share?

PierrePierreposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes. Some photos are taken by myself, and some are from website which i find them very beautiful and want to share with all of you!

1. psycheskinner profile image79
          psycheskinnerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Make sure that you only share picture that are public domain or where you have permission.

2. profile image0
        ankigarg87posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes you can built a hub with just including pictures. I see many hubs which has only pictures and they are scoring good tariff.But give a proper headnote to the pictures this will make good

2. Cagsil profile image61
      Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It would be best to include something about each picture, so the text makes the hub better than if it just has pictures on it.

A hub with just pictures alone, won't do well. But, it doesn't violate the terms of service. However, there are some hub writers who will flag it, as substandard, if there isn't text on the page.

Thank you Cagsil! You are right! A hub including simple picture is easily to be defined as substandard or be flagged.

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

There is a special topic, photo galleries. Your photo hub should be placed in that category, other places are not allowed.

For pictures you have not taken yourself, these must be in the public domain or licensed for commercial use, and you should include acknowledgement of the artist. Otherwise, you would be in breach of copyright laws.

http://hubpages.com/topics/entertainmen … leries/772

Thank you WZ!

3. tobey100 profile image60
    tobey100posted 6 years ago

Ab so lute ly!

4. kulonuwun profile image60
    kulonuwunposted 6 years ago

great, just share them. i love beautiful pictures.

5. thisisoli profile image55
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

You can, but don't expect much traffic.  Why not write a description, or a piece of text relating to each picture?

Thank you thisisoli! Wonderful ideas!

6. katiem2 profile image59
    katiem2posted 6 years ago

There are lots of fantastic hubs with pictures and they are always such a pleasure.  I look forward to yours.  smile

Thank you katiem2 smile

7. timorous profile image91
    timorousposted 6 years ago

My photo hubs have been my most popular by far, at least among the Hubberati.  I always include some suitably personalized text to go along with the photos.  Have a look wink

There's no point creating a hub from readily available online photos.  That's just lazy...anyone could do that.  You need to personalize it in some way.

Your hubs are very interesting and beautiful. I love your hub "A Beautiful Garden" very much. Pretty flowers!

1. timorous profile image91
        timorousposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks a bunch PierrePierre smile

8. Tusitala Tom profile image90
    Tusitala Tomposted 6 years ago

Making a Hub which contains only pictures might not bring you a lot of traffic.  People enjoy looking a lovely pictures but generally expect some sort of description as to what, where, how and why?

Thank you Tusitala Tom! I would like to write a description for my pictures!

9. ponx profile image89
    ponxposted 6 years ago

I have a hub with some pictures but yes I also have relevant text along with it. I think it is better to include some text along with pictures, such as the place the picture was taken or why did you want to take the picture, some description about the picture etc.

Thank you ponx. Thanks for sharing beautiful season wallpapers!

2. PierrePierre profile image60

Thank you ponx! Thanks for sharing many beautiful season wallpapers!

working