jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

How to choose a topic for hub?

1. PierrePierre profile image59
    PierrePierreposted 6 years ago

I have been in hubpages 2 months and written 18 hubs. But now, I don't know what to write about. I am lost. How do you guys determining a topic for hub? Give me some advice! Thank all of you!

1. CMHypno profile image90
      CMHypnoposted 6 years ago in reply to this

What interests you? Have you seen anything in a magazine or newspaper that has grabbed your attention?  Heard your friends talking about a brilliant new product?  Bought a new gadget that your either want to rave or rant about? Seen some keywords come up on your Google Analytics again and again that you haven't directly written about?  A hub topic you have already written about from a different angle?

The world is huge - you will never run out of things to write about - just write about what interests you

2. Jason Oleinik profile image84
      Jason Oleinikposted 6 years ago in reply to this

First, write down all the topics that you're interested in and knowledgeable about. If you know some topics that are definitely way too small, cross them out. Then write a bunch of articles on the topics you have left, and see what gets you the best feedback, and the most traffic.

In my example, I've written articles on topics ranging from geography and history to video games and movies. I noticed that I got my best feedback (article rating and comments) and traffic for my video game and tv show/movie articles; so I'm sticking to those for now.

2. Lisa HW profile image82
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

One thing I do is either scan writing sites for titles that strike me as something I may like to write about.  Something else is to just hang out somewhere (like here) and kind of scan for things that strike you.  My last Hub came from a comment in a forum that got me pondering something.  Maybe, besides being "gotten to ponder", you'd run into something basic, like request for a cake recipe or someone's question about planning a party.  If politics is your thing, scan that forum or some articles until something strikes a nerve.   smile

3. Devanni profile image60
    Devanniposted 6 years ago

I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum.  I've been on HubPages for 2 months, and I've published 1 hub - and that fairly recently.  I have so many ideas, and yet I have none - if that makes any sense whatsoever.  Perhaps it's that I don't know how to make them into hubs...

4. sunforged profile image68
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago
  5. Csanad profile image53
    Csanadposted 6 years ago

Your question inspired me to write a new hub about the issue.
    Please visit it below:

How to Come up with New Article Ideas