jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

When I look at my hub does it count the view ?

1. Ariel D. Bravy profile image60
    Ariel D. Bravyposted 8 years ago

does it ? just wondered. smile

2. Mark Knowles profile image60
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

Yes smile

3. Ariel D. Bravy profile image60
    Ariel D. Bravyposted 8 years ago

oh, ok. thanks for answering

4. Mark Knowles profile image60
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

My pleasure.

5. waynet profile image49
    waynetposted 8 years ago

This must be the quickest thread available on the forum apart from those spam threads that end suddenly....

I just wish that there would be someway soon of getting rid of the self tracking issue so we can just see other visits from other sources....

I mean yeah we can track from google analytics but that is another step that some can't be arsed with.....

Oh the internet is a wonderful place.....praise be to the spirit in the sky for this ace invention of jesus...bwahahahahaha!!! I is mad!! sorry...!

6. CarpetDiem profile image79
    CarpetDiemposted 8 years ago

Ariel D. Bravy, I think each hub score is partly based on the number of views, so having one's own views count just helps your hub score! smile  That said, it would be nice to be able to exclude one's own views to get a better idea of how much traffic one is getting.  I think the fact that you can see WHERE traffic is coming from (i.e. google, yahoo, or links that you put in place on other websites to your hub) is AWESOME. Hubpages is very well thought out! In other words, hubpages ROCKS...  is there a limit on gushing? Will this reply be flagged overly-gushing? smile

7. johnr54 profile image69
    johnr54posted 8 years ago

If you are interested in looking at where your traffic is coming from, then Google Analytics is the answer.  All Hubpages will show you is the source, but little more that you can use to improve it.

For example, for the search engines it can tell you what search terms, so you can work on moving up in the rankiings for that.  For referring sites, you can see on one page which hubs are seeing referral traffic for each source (for example Ezine articles, or social bookmark sites),

What they don't yet enable on hubpages is tracking outbound clicks like they do on Squidoo or you can do with some Wordpress blog plug ins.  This would be great if you wanted to know which hubs were generating referall traffic for a money site, or if you wanted to track which hubs were generating click throughs to Amazon.  This would also allow you to use the Goals and conversion tracking features of Analytics, which is not really possible as I understand it now.