jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Judge me, Im not scared! ;-)

1. evvy_09 profile image87
    evvy_09posted 6 years ago

I would love any comments or critiques on my hubs, writing style or anything. Here's a link to one that seems to be doing the best but if anyone feels like commenting on my other ones too, awesome!
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Video-Games-Hav … -the-World

2. Cagsil profile image84
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Welcome to HubPages!

I reviewed your hub and it seems to be pretty good.

I just want to err on the side of caution. The spot next to the first text capsule, where you have your "video", is actually prime real-estate for Google Adsense ads.

If you notice, since you put the video in that spot and put a link capsule next to your second text capsule, it has put your Google Adsense ad down much further into your hub.

I don't know if you did it on purpose or because you did not know. But, I just thought I would let you know.

I'm not sure how to correct the problem, because the text capsule you have next to the video is directly related to the video. The only solution you could come up with is to write another text capsule for your entry to the hub, and push everything else down a bit.

You will need at least - 2 to 3 lines of sentences, to bring out the Google Adsense "block" ads next to the capsule. You can check on it, by using the "review" button while you're editing the hub. Your first text capsule has to have to take up a certain amount of space, so as to bring out the Google ad along side it.

That's about all I have for you. Otherwise, I'd say you did a good job.

evvy_09posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for telling me, I didn't even realize it. I added more text but I don't see a new ad there yet. Maybe it takes time. 
      And thanks again for the compliment, I worked hard on it and I kinda hoped it would do better or maybe get more comments. ah well. I'm working on some mini hubs to link to it so that might help.

3. Cagsil profile image84
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Try this...you're same paragraph, but different format..

Over the last few years, more people are playing video games. There are a ton of high profile titles being eagerly anticipated like Call of Duty or Guitar Hero, or already out.

Halo Reach has already surpassed every game or movie  launched this year. I have at least a couple I've been waiting all year for.

With every upgrade in graphics, gameplay and technology, video games are slowly creeping into parts of our lives I never thought they'd belong. 

It has to be deep enough to hold the ad next to the capsule.

4. Cagsil profile image84
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Also, use the "preview" button to check it out and see. smile

evvy_09posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I finally switched the layout around a little bit. I didn't want to keep adding paragraphs since it started to feel like a repeat to me and I'm just a little lazy. 
      I'm working on a few small hubs that will expand on the information in the first one and link them all together.  I'm not sure how much that would work or if I'm even asking the right questions.
      But with your advice I finally moved the ad up to where it should be, so thanks bunches! 
      Every bit of advice or critique means alot to me, I prefer people to just tell me when I'm doing something wrong even if they can't find a nice way to say, my feelings don't get hurt that easily.