jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

What happened?

1. Pamela Kinnaird W profile image85
    Pamela Kinnaird Wposted 6 years ago

I had posted a reply or response on the animal topic.  Someone's pet had died and they asked for stories or memories of their beloved pet.  I responded regarding the Pomeranian I loved and lsot. My response has been deleted.  Is it Hubpages that deleted it?  Or can someone who posts on the forum delete a response?

1. lorlie6 profile image82
      lorlie6posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi Pamela-I don't think another Hubber can delete your posts...was this on the 'animal memories' thread?  I don't know why HP would delete such a post, either.

Pamela Kinnaird Wposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes, it was.  Hubpages allows people lying on top of one another almost naked, but they delete my post about how much I miss my dog? No need for you to respond, Lorlie6.  I'm just upset.

1. lorlie6 profile image82
          lorlie6posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Understandably so.  Maybe it was some sort of malfunction?  And I'm replying because I really want to, not because I should.

Pamela Kinnaird Wposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, Lorlie6.

2. timorous profile image91
    timorousposted 6 years ago

Hi Pamela;
    Did you see it posted right after you hit 'Submit'?  If it was there, then disappeared, it's probably just a temporary glitch.  I seriously don't think it's possible for other people to delete your posts at all.

Try posting the same response again..see if it sticks.  If not, let HP staff know immediately.

3. Aficionada profile image91
    Aficionadaposted 6 years ago

Often I preview a response before I submit it.  In fact, I do that so often that I sometimes think I have actually submitted it when in fact I have only previewed it.  Could that have happened?

4. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

I have posted to the forum thread recently and watched my post disappear. It was a glitch I have seen before on HubPages. I bet, if you go back to the thread, you'll find your post somewhere on the thread.

If not, then it was eaten by the invisible glitch monster who occasionally snacks on posts every now and then.

The staff are the only ones with the power to delete posts of hubbers. No hubber has the ability to delete another hubber's posts.

1. kmackey32 profile image83
      kmackey32posted 6 years ago in reply to this

lol  i think it may be the invisable glitch monster.....

working