jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

What's a strange coincidence that has thrown you?

1. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

Today I had a phone call at work from someone with a very familiar name and accent. It freaked me out till I realized I didn't actually know this person.

What is a strange coincidence that has happened to you and surprised you?

2. Polly C profile image87
    Polly Cposted 6 years ago

A couple of weeks ago I discovered that hubber Ryankett lives a five minute walk away from my house...that was quite an unlikely coincidence, I thought.

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Wow lucky you! If it were me, I'd be knocking on his door, asking him to help me with my hubs. big_smile

1. kirstenblog profile image78
        kirstenblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

lol my thinking too!

poor Ryan is going to get bombarded soon tongue

2. Polly C profile image87
        Polly Cposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well I haven't actually met him yet, though hopefully will do. Though can't help wondering whether I have already, only not realised, esp. as I have spent a considerable amount of time working in 2 very local pubs, albeit not recently.

Don't think I would want to bombard him for information though....but does make me think that even in the international environment of the internet, the world is actually very small!

3. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 6 years ago

I have had too many to count and all of them very strange. My best friend in HS and I both attended a Tori Amos concert long before we ever met. I was telling her about when I went as it was my first ever and I screamed 'I love you Tori' and she said 'thank you' and everyone in the theater laughed. My friend at that point said, hey I remember you now! I was in the audience too. We didn't know each other then but became best friends and attended many a concert for the goddess Tori Amos after.

I go on a lot of these seminars for like internet marketing and such. The first one I went to was a Tony Robbins one, wealth mastery, and I kept asking all these questions and getting frustrated that I wasn't getting what they were teaching, they even had frustration is the sign of a break through (wrong! break down is more like). Anyway a few years later I got to go on one for this guy Mark Anastasi and he told his story, going from broke and in debt and homeless to earning £1000's a month and it was wealth mastery that turned him around. I go up to him later and tell him I was on one of those seminars and my experience, and guess what, he remembered me from it (we both had been there). I am still waiting on the £1000's a month but then again I don't sell get rich quick products (I have nothing against some of these guys, Mark for instance is really nice, but I think they sometimes are making their money with get rich quick schemes and I will only do that once I actually am rich ya know).

4. EmpressFelicity profile image84
    EmpressFelicityposted 6 years ago

My OH is a freemason.  Some years ago he got promoted to provincial honours, which would have meant spending £££ on new regalia.  This was £££ we didn't have. 

At the time, I was doing home computer tuition and a lady rang up asking whether I could come out to her.  It was a bit further than I was normally prepared to travel but something made me say yes.

When I got there we spent a couple of hours and as I was on the point of leaving, I noticed a photo of a man wearing Masonic regalia.  "Is that your husband?" I asked.  "Yes", she said.  "He died a couple of months ago."  I said how sorry I was and on a whim, asked what regalia he was wearing.  "Oh, that's his provincial lodge regalia.  I've still got it in the loft, and I don't know what to do with it."

I told her about my OH's recent promotion and she said I could have her husband's regalia in lieu of payment.  This was quite  a good bargain, as it would have been worth a lot more new than what I would have charged her in fees!

5. Beth100 profile image84
    Beth100posted 6 years ago

Lost contact with a dear friend a year ago.  Couldn't find him anywhere...he vanished.  I've been thinking a lot about him the past two weeks, when low and behold, he contacted me the other day.  I was ecstatic and so was he.  Turns out, something bad had happened and was unable to communicate to anyone that he needed help. Ah, happy endings. smile