jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

what you up to at the moment?

1. Joy56 profile image60
    Joy56posted 6 years ago

Don't say typing on hub pages.... I mean anything great going on in your life.....

I have just lost my job they decided i did not have enough qualifications, so here i am with lots of time on my hands, it's great actually

1. Mark Knowles profile image61
      Mark Knowlesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sorry about your dad. sad

Who is "they"?

Great going ons in my life? Just bought a new car and am off to Italy at the weekend. Going to a traditional Catholic christening in an ancient village church near Monte Cassino. Only time you get me in a church is for friends. LOL Next stop Vesuvius and Pompei. Then off for a private tour of the closed-off areas of the Vatican and a few days in Rome. Then back home and another trip up to Cahors - Cathar country.

2. Joy56 profile image60
    Joy56posted 6 years ago

Mark thanks so much, i typed dad instead of job...... how could i do that, maybe because i was talking to him on the phone, he is very ill, on oxygen 12 hours a day.... but still alive wow.

Sounds like you are going to have some fun, you in a church, ha ha no comment.,  How long will it take you to get to Italy.

Can you believe the people at work advertised my job.  I work as a recreational therapist, but now you have to have lots of qualifications to do with the brain, as the older people we are getting, cannot play bingo, or knit or do quizes.  The inspection team want the owners of the nursing homes to put us through training.  Mine instead advertised my job, i found out, i hate the nursing home anyway, so am concentrating on getting my own little business running.... So nice to talk to you Mark....... Did you see Fiery on here, he is making a film...

1. Mark Knowles profile image61
      Mark Knowlesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

In that case - sorry you lost your job. I am sure you will find a new one.

Time to Italy? About 40 minutes. 9 hours or so to Monte Cassino. Never been to an Italian Catholic baptism. Hope it is not as boring as the last High Church one I went to in England. Fell asleep and started snoring - pissed everyone off no end. sad

3. Pcunix profile image90
    Pcunixposted 6 years ago

A job can be replaced, but this is not a great time to be without.

We are just enjoying fall in New England.  In a few weeks we will pick a glorious day for a drive out to the Berkshires for some leaf peeping and whatever.

One of my nephews is marrying in October; we are looking forward to gsthering with family then.

I am starting on trimming back things in the flower garden for the season.  The very last of the tomatoes are in the vegetable garden, but the vines are dying so ripening is anyone's guess.

But right this moment?  Enjoying a cup of coffee, packing up a package for a customer, reading and replying to email, playing Scrabble on-line and checking HP forums, of course.

4. Joe Badtoe profile image60
    Joe Badtoeposted 6 years ago

I've just about finished operating on myself and I have to say my new penis is working pretty good and is already obeying my commands.

I have been doing some building work on rest of my body too, the surveyor says it's a long term refurb job.

I'm nursing a sore head becasue I was diving in acapulco but facing the wrong way.

I'm afraid of heights but he moved away so I'm ok now.

The weather here is a mix of rain,sun,snow,wind,hail,tornados, blizzards,mild and foggy. I love my job at the weather tasting lab.

This morning I got a rejection letter from myself.

My car broke down, it had been seeing another car for a few months but things didn't work out.

I went to a psychic convention although I was aksked to leave because I got to the conference centre with the aid of Sat Nav.

I have more of these but they, like you guys, are groaning at the corniness of it all.