jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (11 posts)

Organize the tools in edit mode

1. Whitney05 profile image67
    Whitney05posted 6 years ago

In the 'add more capsules' box on the top right side in the edit mode of hubs, the capsules are in crazy a crazy order. I always have to hunt for what I'm looking for. Is there any way to alphabetize it or put the choices in some kind of order.

The same with the top tool bar thing when you scroll down too far.

1. sunforged profile image67
      sunforgedposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Do you use the option on the left hand side?

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

The option on the left prevents you from having to always go back and forth. smile

3. Whitney05 profile image67

I use both the stationary tool box of capsules on the right and the toolbar that appears at the top of the page when you are working past a certain point.

Both are unorganized and out of any sort of order, making it hard to find which capsules you want to add to the hub as you're working. I always have to just go down the columns before I find what I'm looking for.

There's nothing on the left- just the right or top.

I could understand grouping them:

text       link
    picture    video
    rss        news
    ebay       amazon

or some order that allowed a grouping of similar capsules.

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Have you tried clicking the small grey arrows that appear between each hub capsule, on the left hand side?

This will bring up a list of capsules you can insert where ever you wish.

4. sunforged profile image67
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

look more closely

find the option highlighted above, makes your issue moot.

I only noticed it a few weeks ago myself ,but its been there much longer. its easy to be blind to.

until you mouseover, there is just a little > sign

mouse over it says add here

then pick capsule variety

5. Whitney05 profile image67

I see that... Again it's still an issue of the choices being unorganized and not in any sort of order. This does not address the issue that I'm referring to.

I do see the arrows, but again the choices are not in any order.

I'm just asking for order, not randomness.

I'm not asking for there to be multiple means of adding capsules, so yes the arrow deal is interesting, but doesn't fix my concern or organization of the options.

Bottom line: no matter how many options that are provide in terms of adding new capsules, when it comes to finding the capsules in the lists that are provided, there is no order.

6. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 6 years ago

There are so few capsule options on this site, I fail to see how reordering them is going to have any significant impact on overall productivity.  The fact that I can view all the choices in a single glance seems easy enough to me.

7. lakeerieartists profile image79
    lakeerieartistsposted 6 years ago

There really aren't that many choices.  They have them all lined up and in sight.   What kind of order do you need?  Text is first, most important, photo is second most used, and the rest are auxiliary.

8. gamergirl profile image60
    gamergirlposted 6 years ago

The way I see it, they are organized beautifully for purpose.

Text and photo capsules are the two biggies.  It makes sense for them to be grouped at the front/top.

Next, all the capsules that lead a user away from the Hub:  Links, News, RSS.

Then, user feedback:  comments, polls.

Money capsules come next: ebay, amazon.

Code type capsules follow, and finish out the selections.

Seems fairly straightforward to me.

9. Whitney05 profile image67

I just always have to scan them to find what I want, and it usually takes a minute to find what I'm looking for.

Guess it's just me then.  Oh well.

I think there was some coincidence as to how they fell into place toward the end, as the last several have just been added to the bottom- left column then right.