jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Feeling overwhelmed. What should my next step be?

1. SmartAndFun profile image93
    SmartAndFunposted 6 years ago

I am fairly new to HP. I have published 10 hubs (although 4 are recipes from the contest this past summer; I'm not sure whether to count those or not). Anyway, I have been reading and reading about how to succeed at HP and I am feeling overwhelmed by all the technical jargon. I did manage to sign up for Google Adsense, (thanks to a hub with directions and nice people on this forum) but since I hardly ever get any views on my hubs it is not going to pay off for me until I do something differently. So what do you all out there think should be my next step at this point? Should I concentrate on writing more hubs, or go back into my hubs to make sure they have plenty of keywords in them, or should I concentrate on learning how to backlink? I just feel like I am finding all these terrific hubs full of great advice, but when I'm finished reading them I still don't know what to do, especially when it comes to backlinking. Sorry this is so long, it's just that I'm frustrated that I'm not picking up on this faster. Thanks everyone.

2. Maddie Ruud profile image83
    Maddie Ruudposted 6 years ago

I think you're being much too hard on yourself.  Your hubs so far have been great!  If I were you, I would concentrate on writing more of them.  It can take a while to get a sizable amount of traffic to your hubs, so just be patient and concentrate on writing high-quality, informative content.  Share a link here and there on your Facebook or Twitter, or email your friends and family, but don't attempt any aggressive backlinking, as it can seriously backfire if you don't fully understand it.  (See the video on backlinking Simone just made.)

SmartAndFunposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for the advice. I will concentrate on writing more hubs. There are several I have started, and I will work on finishing those. It seems to take me forever to write a hub. I will search for some hubs on how to write more efficiently. Thanks also for the video, it has helped me to calm down and back off the backlinking worries. Thanks.

2. shazwellyn profile image83
      shazwellynposted 6 years ago in reply to this

So I was right all along!  It is what I thought!

3. 0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

You write some beautiful hubs on very interesting topics. There has got to be some marketing potential, so I do understand your frustration. It is probably helpful to remember that it is a very competitive field: Any ideas and keywords you choose, chances are that others are targeting the same. So no one can expect this to come easy. Good luck!

SmartAndFunposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the kind words and the reminder about competition. I'll be more patient and keep plugging away. Thanks for answering.