weather experience !

1. SparklingJewel profile image67
    SparklingJewelposted 8 years ago

Wasn't sure where to put this, but since it was kinda community oriented (my apartment complex) I will put it here in "community"

I just wanted to express what just happened to me here at my home. There is some intense weather going through and we just experienced tornado like winds and hail of 2 inches big!

I was just pulling up to park near my building when it was starting to blow in and hail was coming down. All the people in my building were standing on the front porch of  the building watching the hail come down and greeting me and a few others as we were coming home. We stood around together for 10 minutes, chatting,  experiencing the onslaught, not even remotely wanting to go to the basement of the building,  while the high winds and hail and rain came pouring down. It was a real family/community moment! By the time it was over, there was a carpeting of hail on the ground, piled in some corners of the building. The hail balls ranged from quarter inch to 2 inches in diameter. The kids ran out to pick of pieces to put in the freezer...for what ever reason they do that!?

It reminded me of my childhood times when the tornadoes would blow through "tornado alley" in Kansas. My grandpa would stand at the front door, prepared to guide us to go to the basement with our precious objects and important papers to save from damage. As soon as the weather passed, we would all go outside to survey the damage and smell the ionized cool and refreshing!

AHHHH !! Spring !

2. ripplemaker profile image90
    ripplemakerposted 8 years ago

Gee, I have never experienced hail in my life, nor tornado for that matter.  It seems scary and yet you all responded quite nicely.   Hmmm...spring?  I wonder how that smells like!  Speaking of weather, yesterday, there was heavy rains and the streets were flooded.  As in flooded up to the knees and even the thighs.  It was terrible.  sad  But truly glad it stopped and the roads are normal after an hour or two.  The houses that got flooded just had to do a huge task of cleaning up.