jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

Is there such a thing as undesireable fans?

1. Gawn Fishin' profile image61
    Gawn Fishin'posted 8 years ago

A couple of salesmen have posted as my fans.  Being new, I am wondering if this is good or not?  I had it in my mind, that 'fans' were like friends, people that liked your work.  But I realize I get brownie points for having the extra fans, so I shouldn't complain.  I'm not even sure why it bothers me at all.  Please help me feel comfortable with this.

2. SunSeven profile image62
    SunSevenposted 8 years ago

It happens all the time. We cannot control who joins our fan clubs. But we have the power to approve or deny their fan mail. smile

Best Regards

Gawn Fishin'posted 8 years ago in reply to this

Thank you, I appreciate your comment.

3. Misha profile image77
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

Probably because you are relatively new to online communities world. smile

It's OK, people become fans of others online for a number of reasons having nothing to do with whether they like the person or not. And since you can't control who becomes your fan, there is no point wasting your time worrying about it smile

I think I sort of felt  they were intruding, but I will get with the program, Thank you Misha

4. PetMemorialWorld profile image84
    PetMemorialWorldposted 8 years ago

You are lucky to have friends, some of us would take any old fan just to look like we are popular big_smile

1. amy jane profile image83
      amy janeposted 8 years ago in reply to this

You have a fan now...  smile

2. Eric Graudins profile image60
      Eric Graudinsposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Just keep writing good hubs, and your fans will naturally increase.
      Your hubs are great.
      Are you going to do one on Dog Food?

After being dogless for quite a while, we researched dog food before getting another dog and was horrified by the stuff that goes into it.

Our beautiful 18 month old German Shepherd has never eaten canned food in his life, and only recently we started giving him a bit of dry food mixed in with his normal diet of raw chicken, beef, vegetables, and other healthy stuff.

Gawn Fishin - keep writing! I haven't been fishing in quite a while, but hope to do so before too much longer.

1. PetMemorialWorld profile image84
        PetMemorialWorldposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Amy Jane, and Uninvited.

Eric, I will work on some more good hubs.  I will put one together on dog food too if you like, I have some information on that.

There isn't much healthy stuff going into cans whether destined for pets or human consumption wink

5. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 8 years ago

I joined your fan club too. Your hubs are excellent.

6. RavynSteel profile image78
    RavynSteelposted 8 years ago

I guess while not exactly being 'undesireable', I feel those hubbers who become fans of everyone, regardless of hubs, aren't as valuable to me as those who become my fan because they genuinely liked my work. But that's just me :-)

Ravyn, That is how I feel too, I literally become a fan.  In every sense of the word.  Everyone has different feelings about it, and I am trying to learn those differences.

working