jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

RSS Clarification

1. CollegePrepU profile image60
    CollegePrepUposted 6 years ago

I've been reading over some of the great RSS related hubs by Mark Knowles, Sunforged etc and I'm a little confused.

Is there an individual RSS feed for EACH hub that I create that should be submitted to an RSS submission site?

...or do you just use the RSS feed URL under my profile info?

Thanks in advance...

1. Cagsil profile image82
      Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You can add an individual RSS feed to each hub if you choose to and can submit it to RSS feed submission sites. If you're planning doing this and want it for only this hub, then you have to connect it via a keyword/tag that is specific to the hub alone. If your keyword/tag is not exclusive to only your hub, then the RSS feed will include other hubber's hubs as well.
      You can use that one also. The one for your profile is labeled "author" versus "tag" and comes in three different sorted feeds "best"/"hot" and "latest".

Best- are the highest rated hubs you have and in order via rating.

Hot- are the most traveled hubs you have presently and in order from highest to lowest

Latest- are the most recently published hubs you've done.

I hope that helped.

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

One feed for a single hub would not make proper use of RSS.

There are sites that will enable you to create a custom RSS feed of any hubs of your choosing. You can also create one based upon tags. Or you can use the best/latest/hot RSS feeds available through your profile.

1. CollegePrepU profile image60
      CollegePrepUposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks WE....

Ok so tell me if this is what I should be doing...
      Right clicked "Subscribe to RSS" and copied this link:

...and I submitted that link to a few of the suggested RSS submission sites.  Now will that cover all of my hubs, or is there something I'm missing here?

..I guess I'm still a little clueless  big_smile

1. 0
        Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You are welcome.

Indeed, that would cover your latest hubs; how many I do not know, I'd imagine that depends on the RSS submission site's allowances. If you are happy with that mix, you need do nothing further. If you prefer specific hubs, you might want to create your own custom RSS feed instead. If you would rather show your highest rated hubs, you would use the "best" feed, etc.

3. CollegePrepU profile image60
    CollegePrepUposted 6 years ago

Awesome guys...thanks for the info!

I think the custom rss feeds might be a little more than I want to take on right now so I'll just stick with submitting the one I listed up there.

Just wanted to make sure I was doing at least SOMETHING in the way of RSS submission!

1. 0
      Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Fine. Just in case you ever would want to create a custom rss feed for specific hubs, this link to a previous forum thread will provide some guidance for how to do that:

4. shazwellyn profile image83
    shazwellynposted 6 years ago

I think that this hub by Edweirdo is one of the best I have seen on the Internet!  It will teach you to create rssfeeds in groups via your tags .. then you can submit it to rssfeed sites if you wish but DONT BE SPAMMY about it or you could end up in trouble!

http://hubpages.com/hub/Promote-Your-Ol … -RSS-Feeds