jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (14 posts)

We really need some advice about our Adsense Account-we're so lost! :)

1. TamCor profile image82
    TamCorposted 6 years ago

My husband and I have been on HP for quite awhile--He(Tom Cornett) has been here for 19 months, and I have been for 16 months.

When I joined up, we were told we couldn't have two separate Adsense accounts, and I had to add mine to Tom's.  We had no issues with doing that at all, so we added my account to his.

The problem for us is we cannot, for the life of us, figure out if what we've done is right, or if we screwed up somewhere along the way, when signing me up.  We have yet to hit payout for Adsense, although we are finally coming close.

We know there is a way to track up to 200 hubs, and follow their progress, but we haven't figured out how to do it.  Every time we start reading on the Adsense pages for instruction, we end up getting so lost!  They start to tell you about something, then want you to click on this link, which takes you somewhere else, then next thing you know, there's another link, and before you know it, you have 20 pages open, and are still none the wiser!

I go to the "Help" section...type in a subject, but very seldom find the answer I'm looking for.

One of the main things I need to know is if my hubs are registering in Adsense at all--if we combined them correctly when I joined up.  I can NOT find out how to do that.

One day, I found a chart that showed the hubs in most popular order, I believe, and they are all Tom's. Now I have no problem with that, if it's correct--he's a very prolific writer!  But I know that a few of my hubs get many more hits than some of his, but they weren't listed on there--that's why we're wondering if we did something wrong, and how in the heck do we find out so we can fix it?

If you've read this far, thanks.  At this point, we are desperate to figure out if we've done everything correctly, so if anyone could give us some advice as to what to do next, we would be forever in your debt! smile

Thanks in advance!
    Tammy and Tom

1. Maddie Ruud profile image82
      Maddie Ruudposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think what you're trying to do is add URL channels to your AdSense account, so you can see which hubs are performing best, am I right?

If so, it's much easier than AdSense makes it sound.  Just sign into AdSense, go to the "AdSense Setup" tab, click the "Channels" link at the top there, click "URL Channels" under AdSense for Content, and then "+ Add new URL channels" and enter your hub URLs, one per line and click the button to add them.

Did that answer your question?

1. theherbivorehippi profile image83
        theherbivorehippiposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well it certainly helped me! lol  Every now and then I get a pretty HUGE amount off one click and I always wonder if it is coming from one particular hub but I had no idea how to track this.  This information is so helpful.  Thanks!

2. Spacey Gracey profile image74
    Spacey Graceyposted 6 years ago

I'm not really an expert - but a couple of things that might help us sort it out:

* Are you talking about AdSense or Analytics? Sounds more like analytics to me
    * Do you and your husband have separate HP accounts?

You can have one analytics log on but get extra accounts on it - for example I have one for HP and another for another site. I just use a drop down box to select which site I would like to see stats on.

Does sound like only your husband's stats are being tracked.

3. Aya Katz profile image90
    Aya Katzposted 6 years ago

It sounds like you need to open some Adsense channels. When you are in your joint Google account, go to account setup, and when you get there, click on the "channels" tab. Then choose URL channels. After that, click +add URL channels. You add the URL to each of your hubs on a separate line. That way you can monitor activity on each hub separately.

4. TamCor profile image82
    TamCorposted 6 years ago

It's definitely AdSense--when I go to my affliate settings, and click on the link for Google earnings, it takes me to Tom's AdSense sign in page.

Yes, we have two HP accounts.  This is mine, and his is under his name...Tom Cornett. smile

Thanks for trying to help us figure this out!

5. Cagsil profile image84
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Hey Tammy and Tom,

Inside Adsense, when you go into the account, you will find where it gives you your totals. From that screen, click on adsense setup. Then when that changes screen you'll see a secondary bar of different commands choices, one of those is channels.

Click on channels. That will bring you to your next screen, which is about setting up "custom" channels. You'll see a link for setting up URL channels, click on URL channels.

Once you click on URL channels, you'll see a link that says "add new channel".

You can set up a new channel, designated for each hub. Click on "add new channel", there will be a large white box that appears below, which you enter in a URL for each hub. Do them separately, one at a time, until you've entered all the hubs.

If you've not done this, then you will not be able to track each hub or what it makes.

6. TamCor profile image82
    TamCorposted 6 years ago

Thanks Aya and Maddie--Okay, I see where to add URL's--thanks a lot!

If I add one of mine, and for some reason, I'm not signed up on his account, will my URL be rejected?  I guess that's one way to find out if we did all of the signing up process correctly! smile

Maddie--We are wanting to add the channels, plus see if we did something wrong in signing up, but we get so confused, trying to read about all of this. lol

We both know that reaching payout can take a lot of time--we just want to make sure that we're both getting paid for our hubs--does that make sense?

Thanks soooo much! smile

1. Aficionada profile image92
      Aficionadaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Didn't you say that when you go to your account page and click on the link for Google ADsense earnings, it takes you to Tom's Adsense account sign-in?  That seems to indicate that you actually are signed up for it - otherwise, why would it take you to that page?

TamCorposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You're right--what we wondered was if there was another step that we may have missed, because we were both totally new at the AdSense stuff at the time!

7. TamCor profile image82
    TamCorposted 6 years ago

And thank you, too, Cagsil...I think we were typing at the same time...smile

Will these channels show past results, too, or just future ones?

Also--do I use the short URL that is in the metrics tab of my hub, or the longer one above?

1. Cagsil profile image84
      Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hey Tammy,

Just future ones. It cannot account for what's already happened.

You're welcome. smile

Edit: Use the URL from your statistics page. Long URLs. smile

8. sunforged profile image67
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

Also--do I use the short URL that is in the metrics tab of my hub, or the longer one above?

it shouldnt matter - but the long one is the safe bet, plus its not likely you will have any idea what short url goes to what when they are all lined up together!

no, adsense wont reject a url

setting up a hp/analytics/adsense connection will make your life easier

there are a few good hub tutorials

TamCorposted 6 years ago in reply to this

After I get my URL's added, I will try and tackle the Analytics, that's another one that I have to overcome, lol.

I've read many hubs on these subjects, and printed off tons of them to study even more...some of the info sinks in, but some of it is a little over my head at this stage.

I'm about ready to check into taking some classes or something, to try to learn all this that way--I'm not having a lot of luck doing it over the Internet... sad

Thanks so much, sunforged--I appreciate the advice! smile