Dont believe hubpages is well optimized for adsense.

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (77 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Tilecleaninghubposted 13 years ago

Hubpages I believe needs to do some more testing to get more clicks on adsense.  To me their ctr is absolutly terrible.  I believe that they need more add groups along the left side going all the way down the article.  Also big box in the upper middle  so first thing people see are adds.

1. schoolgirlforreal profile image78
      schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I read if there are too many ads, people get turned off. I personally would.
      Have you ever watched a video (not youtube) where the ads completely cover the page? Eeek

2. profile image0
      ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I 'believe' that you need to learn how to do your own part to optimise your ad placement, and subsequenly your CTR, before blaming somebody else for your failures. The Ad placement on the two of your hubs that I just looked at was awful and preventable.

And thats all I really have to say.

2. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 13 years ago

HubPages is owned by YieldBuild, a company that optimizes web ad returns.  Having been here for four years, I've seen the ad layouts, colors and sizes go through some serious changes, and my Hubs are earning more now than ever.

I've also learned to optimize my own Hub layouts so that they earn more too.

To be honest, tilecleaninghub, I think what you are writing about and how you are writing about it are greater impediments to earning on this site than the ad optimization.

1. Rik Ravado profile image87
      Rik Ravadoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm with Relache - you could improve the ad placement by changing capsule lengths and juggling photos.  Anyway as well as 2 outgoing links to your own site, on some hubs you have your URL on EVERY graphic.  With so much promotion of your own site you can't really expect to make a killing with AdSense too.  'Cake and eat it' come to mind!

3. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Have you considered that your pages are not optimized in the best way? and not so much HubPages? hmm

4. Shadesbreath profile image77
    Shadesbreathposted 13 years ago

I blame HubPages for my lack of wealth too.  I think that writing about my horrendous gas episodes, Christoph Reilly's sexual deformities, asthmatic vampires and lots of other worthless stuff should pay better.  I blame HubPages for not figuring out how to monetize the crap I write.

1. profile image0
      shazwellynposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Lets blame Hubpages for the world economic crisis too! lol *wink and said with tongue in cheek!*

1. Shadesbreath profile image77
        Shadesbreathposted 13 years agoin reply to this

We should.  We'll blame them, then sue them for damages.  I wonder what my cut of global financial meltdown would be. If it was just you and I on the suit, I bet we could each get at least $15 or $20 trillion or so from HP.

1. profile image0

wow... as little as that?! hehehe

2. theherbivorehippi profile image66
          theherbivorehippiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Don't be greedy! We are all suffering! lol lol

2. theherbivorehippi profile image66
      theherbivorehippiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol

3. Sunny Robinson profile image70
      Sunny Robinsonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And I blame Hubpages for exposing me to crap that keeps me in stitches like Shadesbreath's and Christoph's crazy hubs.  Keeps me distracted from figuring out that I actually should blame Hubpages for not making me wealthy!

Darn it.

1. bgamall profile image68
        bgamallposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I want to know if Shadesbreath is related to Hogsbreath. I think that is the most important issue here.

4. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I thought I was the only oneā€¦ smile

5. profile image0
    shazwellynposted 13 years ago

I disagree.  Hubpages has the tools available for you to optimize your articles effectively.  This is about empowering you and giving you a choice as to what you feel deems to be effective. 

Are you optimizing your hubs to their best?

I wrote a hub on how hubpages are the best for on-page optimization.  Take their tools and make good, my friend!

1. camlo profile image84
      camloposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I just read your Hub http://hubpages.com/hub/How-To-SEO-On-Page-Optimization, and now realise how badly laid-out my Hubs are ...

1. Research Analyst profile image72
        Research Analystposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the tips, I will check it out.

6. Reg Brittain profile image60
    Reg Brittainposted 13 years ago

My CTR at HP is good.

Try learning keyword research and how to force a large ad block onto the top of your hubs, and things will improve for you.

7. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 13 years ago

I believe, I believe, I believe... Should it belong to religion forum? Irrational beliefs belong there wink

1. profile image0
      klarawieckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Misha, are you having a bad day? You sound a bit cranky.

1. profile image0

He's Russian... you know?  Hasnt had his vodka and a good whippen yet! *whoosh tang!*

8. profile image0

Personally I dont even give a *%^*&(*( about any hubpage adsense clicks.  It is so low that it is totally worthless.  Only reason I am on hubpages is to promote my own site(s).  I have played with my own sites and seen what works and the first thing people should see when they open up your site is a big box of adds staring them right in the face.  Hubpages may look nicer but they dont earn much money.

1. Maddie Ruud profile image72
      Maddie Ruudposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Then why did you complain about the CTR?

2. Shadesbreath profile image77
      Shadesbreathposted 13 years agoin reply to this

An Improvisational Modern Fable
      By Shadesbreath

Once upon a time there was a would-be-surveyor who wanted to level a large area of dirt for an impressive lawn to launch his surveying career.  He went and got himself a bunch of steaks and spread them around in a grid pattern as he had heard he was supposed to do.  He tied strings to them and stuck on little orange flags and got ready to start laying out the land. 

He set up his transit on the tripod and began trying to view the steaks through the eyepiece, but he could not find them no matter how hard he looked.  The only way he could do it was to point his transit down towards the ground, which made everything un-level.  Eventually, he decided to get rid of the tripod and view everything from the ground. 

This created a new problem because he couldnā€™t see all his steaks anyway.  The ground was too uneven and some of the steaks were blocked from view, even though he was laying on his belly in the dirt.  He grew frustrated.  He really wanted to be a surveyor and make money.

Finally, a friend of his came along and pointed out he was using his steaks wrong.  His friend suggested he buy a barbecue and open a restaurant instead.  The man did and he made lots of money as a restaurateur.

Moral of the story:  Using the right tools for the job at hand goes a long way to achieving success.  Knowing what tool you have in your hand doesn't hurt either.

3. profile image0

So the $1150 dollars that I am on course to earn in September from AdSense is a total fluke then? As is the $893 that I actually did earn in August?

So despite only publishing my first hubpage in July 2009, as a complete novice, and being on course to earn $1500 in total this month from Hubpages across just two affiliate schemes.... Hubpages is rubbish because a complete non-entity with one of the worst usernames in this sites history, and a publishing rate of 2 pages of content per month, just says so?

http://www.mdlsoft.co.uk/PrimaryPics1/goodbye.jpg

1. paradigmsearch profile image60

If there was ever a posting to cause one to check out a profile, this one was it. So I did.

My take away from reading it was quite simple:

You can write for fun,

Or,

You can write to SELL! SELL! SELL!

I have just become depressedā€¦ Someone tell me Iā€™m wrong and tell me why.

I want so much to write for fun AND profit. Is there some way they donā€™t have to be mutually exclusive? An impossible dream?

1. profile image0

Are you referring to my profile? Because I think you will find that:

1) less than 30% of my hubpages are written to sell something.
          2) 5 of my hubs have been published in magazines.
          3) I am not depressed.
          4) My highest earning hub doesn't sell anything.
          5) My highest traffic hub doesn't sell anything.
          6) I am truly flattered that my hubpages make you feel depressed, as that was clearly the objective of my thousands of hours of output.

1. profile image0

I would probably have offered to help you tastefully monetise your existing work, but your compliment has blown me away.

Ask yourself just how many people are going to search for search phrases 'A civil rights rant' or 'Beavers galore'. Perhaps, what, 10 people per year for the first one and nobody for the second one?

You don't need to change your writing, you need to change your SEO. But thats as far as I am going to help you, I am too modest to risk inviting any more praise.

1. paradigmsearch profile image60

What do you have against beavers having civil rights? smile

2. paradigmsearch profile image60

ā€œ1) less than 30% of my hubpages are written to sell something.ā€

Excellent! That was exactly what I needed to hear.

ā€œ3) I am not depressed.ā€

This was a misunderstanding. I meant that I was depressed because of the prospect that fun vs profit might be mutually exclusive.

ā€œ4) My highest earning hub doesn't sell anything.ā€

ā€œ5) My highest traffic hub doesn't sell anything.ā€

ā€œ6) I am truly flattered that my hubpages make you feel depressed, as that was clearly the objective of my thousands of hours of output.ā€

As you should be smile

Edit: PS You have given me hope again!

1. profile image0

I will add that Amazon is going to be a dead affiliate if you arent prepared to sell, however AdSense performs much better when there is nothing to sell - less page leaks wink

2. profile image0

OMG! That is hillarious!  *crossed legs and in stitches!*

4. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If you don't care then why are you expending so much effort to have a public pity party about it?

(on a side note, if Ryan has 480 hubs and earned $893 in August, and I only have 198 and earned $705 that same month, my ads are working even better than I imagined)

1. profile image0

My oldest hub is only 15 months old though... I would anticipate steady increases for some months even if I stopped publishing now. I also write a lot about Facebook which, despite easy traffic, pays zilch. Around 1000 of my daily page views are on hubs which have tripped the AdSense filter too... a whole series on Serial Killers... so that is slightly misleading. Plus 44 of my hubs have been published in September and 52 in August, so you could safely deduct 100 from that number...

That is a very very good return though Relache, that cannot be denied, and that does make me very optimistic about the maturity of my more recent hubpages.

5. mega1 profile image78
      mega1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

with a name like TileCleaningHub I really can't see why you don't have traffic beating down your door and people dieing to buy things through your ads!  Your site must be a real doozy - I'm going there now! (well, soon, maybe   probably,  just as soon as I clip my nails and wash my hair,  or later.  Yes, much later.)

6. thisisoli profile image70
      thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well done, you are doing completely the wrong thing.  If you don't mind me asking how much money do you actually make, because I am doing pretty damn well on this 'poorly optimized' website.

9. profile image0

I believe that people who read hubs are not even looking at the adds.  For me I just go to a hub and dont even see the add.  Other people I believe are the same.  I believe the add should be bigger, on the left side instead of the right side of the page.  I bet if they do this for a week and show everyone what the new earnings would be people would stoked.

1. camlo profile image84
      camloposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ads do catch my eye when I read articles. When I've finished reading, I generally scroll back up and take a closer look at these, and possibly click on something I find interesting.

I don't know what difference left or right would make, but ads are mostly placed on the right, even in magazines and newspapers etc., and these are all laid-out by experts, who understand how the human psyche responds to such things ...

2. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You do realize that you can adjust your ads? hmm

3. Barbara Kay profile image74
      Barbara Kayposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I know I haven't been on Hubpages long, but I have had a website since 2001 so have some experience. I've heard also that ads are read more often if they are on the left. I never read Hubpage ads either, but I think part of the reason is that the pages are so crowded.

I know, I know. I haven't been here long enough to know zilch, but I have read this over and over.

1. thisisoli profile image70

The benefit of having an adsense advertisement on teh left is often outweighed by the fact that people are much more likely to leave a page immediately if an adverisement is the first thing they see.

10. johnshade profile image60
    johnshadeposted 13 years ago

Hubpages uses Yieldbuild google it, they are optimising pro's. Plus they are making money as well, so they want the ads to be optimized well

11. profile image0

Ok dont know who is criticizing who.  Tried to put a post on here to discuss some thing and bunch of hublovers come on here to criticize.  **** off bunch of uptight idiots.

12. profile image54
    MyPostingIDposted 13 years ago

Not sure why OP is getting grilled but he's right, actually.

From Google's own site:

https://www.google.com/adsense/support/ … swer=17954

The right side of the page is notoriously week for ads.  The left side and below the title in the main content area are clearly the hotspots for advertising (which they got partly right).

I'd prefer to see the larger ad block on the left side of articles as opposed to the right side.

Yieldbuild may know more about OP about AdSense but I'm fairly confident that Google knows a bit more.

1. profile image0

And you had to set up a new account to tell us that then?

1. profile image54
        MyPostingIDposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Actually no.  My main account is host to just under 100 very profitable Amazon hubs.  I'm not too into giving away how I'm doing things.

Regardless of what you think about my posting ID, the fact remains that even Google suggests left side for ads.

1. profile image0

It doesn't though, it suggests that the hottest area is directly above the primary content. That big AdSense block which is achievable at the beginning of a hubpage can be seen as an extension of that position.

1. profile image54

Ryan...

It is a fact that people, when reading an article, will read it from top-left to bottom-right.  It is what it is.  When placing ads, it is generally more advantageous to use that as a guide.

When you look at a typical hub, the ads are clustered primarily from right to left.  Cut your hub in half vertically and tell me on which half most of your ads reside.

Compare that to the heatmap image form Google.  There is clearly more dark orange on the left than the right side.

1. profile image0

I would be open to experimenting with Ad position if Hubpages allowed, ultimately, the ability for us to choose for ourselves. (In other words some way of manipulating right or left).

I will leave it at that I guess. The point remains that the OP was still not optimising the ad position of his own pages, irrespective of the limitations. A block at the top right is much more effective than a block in the middle right.

Personally I like the current Ad position, but will let Hubpages decide what is best for them. To be honest there are certain high converting Amazon pages that I myself own which are disadvantaged when somebody leaves via an AdSense ad, I would rather them make it past the AdSense ads in order to allow me the opportunity to make a conversion. And I am sure that some of your pages are the same.

AdSense can be a page leak or hinderance at times, and vice versa with Amazon, I like the fact that I can screw up the AdSense positions all by myself at times.

1. profile image54

I was actually stunned when I wrote my first hub and didn't get the option to move it left.  I, too, would like to experiment with some of my hubs but it is what it is. 

My hubs are profitable so I guess I can't really complain:)

2. profile image0

We are both reading that page very differently.

What I see is the 'hottest' area being directly above the 'primary content'. In otherwords, directly above our articles. And AdSense is displayed at the top of our articles.

1. profile image54

That's why I said they got it partly right.  The small block above the content is placed well.  I disagree with the large blocks being shifted to the right.

1. profile image54

For the record, I also own just over 100 niche sites monetized exclusively with AdSense so I do have some experience with it to support my statements.

1. profile image0

I believe you, I just think that it would look crap. This site is classy, I like the way it builds confidence amongst the readership.... and you probably do too, considering you have 100 successful Amazon sales pages...

1. profile image54

I agree....

It DOES look like crap in some cases.  However, that being said, do you know my sites get an average CTR of close to 25%?  That's almost 10x what typical hubs get.

I was just commenting that the OP was getting hammered when he was, in fact, correct to some degree about placement.  I just thought he was getting a raw deal.

1. profile image0

Ok fair enough, well perhaps the OP could suggest improvements to the Hubpages/YieldBuild teams and see what their response is. I suspect that they would have trialed various ad positions and found one which worked best for this site? It should be remembered that Hubpages utilises more AdSense blocks then is actually permitted, having gained permission directly from Google. Could there be a possibility that AdSense had a certain degree of input into precisely where these ads should be positioned? I would not rule it out.

2. profile image0

Do you manipulate that large right sided block to be placed at the very top of your article? I see a fantastic CTR on many hubs when placing it there. I'm not so sure that the aesthetics would be right if the article has a huge indent to accomodate that block on the left side. Maybe I am wrong, but I can't imagine that looking great, Helium do that and it looks crap...

for example... http://www.helium.com/items/1843480-fiv … nstitution

(NOT MY ARTICLE FOR THE BENEFIT OF DOUBT). I'm just not so sure that compromising the reader friendliness is worth an additional 0.2% CTR or similar, I like to think that readers do occassionally enjoy my output.

1. profile image54

I don't worry about AdSense on my hubs.  Amazon is significantly more profitable.  What I do on my own sites is:

TITLE HERE

336x228 ADSENSE HERE  content content content content content
            content content content content content content content content content content content content content content content content content content content content content content content content content content content content content content

I hope that makes sense.

1. profile image0

Yes that makes sense, does that mean that you are a premium AdSense user? As that is 6 blocks of AdSense!

1. profile image0

OH

Sorry.... yes that is one block of AdSense, to the left of the article. Apologies. Of course that makes sense.

1. profile image54

Oh no.  I used that to show what a single 336x228 block would look like embedded in the content.  My niche sites all contain a single 336x228 block.

By doing so, I ensure only the highest CPC ads are shown.

13. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

ryankett,

In case you missed the edit to my previous post:

Edit: PS You have given me hope again!

14. sunforged profile image72
    sunforgedposted 13 years ago

above is the layout i use on my own sites - but i have a slightly higher average clickthrough at HP

to the left is traditionally considered the stronger location for adsense - but YB must have a reason for going right - they are also in the business of making money

15. Sunny Robinson profile image70
    Sunny Robinsonposted 13 years ago

I looked at the several examples of ads placement being different from hubpages.  Like that helium link.  I was immediately turned off by the placement of it all, there is no classy lay-out, and I felt instantly annoyed upon a glance.  I will typically skim that and immediately leave.

Here's the deal.  I enjoy looking from top left to bottom right, and then being able to look at the ads in an easy flow way that doesn't interrupt my reading.  THAT, as well as relevant ads that has stuff that I *do want* to click on, compels me to click.  It also keeps me on the page and looking for more info.  THAT is how Hubpages has it and I applaud that.

If you are complaining about wanting more traffic, not caring about ad clicks, etc, and then complaining about how the ads are not optimized well, then you're just leaving yourself open for people to criticize.

Also, you say you don't bother with ads personally when you're reading a content, and yet you would prefer the ads be bigger for your content... WHAT.  That's a bit hypocritical, if you ask me.  I actually enjoy subtle ads if it has the information I am looking for.  I've also noticed I get much more ad clicks on the hubs that actually doesn't have that many ads placement for some reason.  Soooo.  Take that with the grain of salt. smile

ANOTHER THING.  I really don't want to believe the Hubpages is INCOME ONLY site where everything is all about ads everywhere.  This tile dude and this postingid dude is posting with a condemning tone towards ads placement when everyone else is really just worried more about quality and class.

Tell me, what is more important? Adding more trash to the 'net and cluttering up more with ads or actually adding quality hubs with decent ads with decent click-thrus to the 'net?  Take your pick and go with the writing platform that works best for YOU.  Let Hubpages do what they know they're doing, and let hubbers work with the limitations that they enjoy working within.

Thanks. smile

1. Sunny Robinson profile image70
      Sunny Robinsonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Also, I really liked what Sunforged had to say on this subject with his hub: The Hubpages Scam Why Hubpages Sucks.

Basically, Hubpages and Adsense also has to make money.  A lot of it, to keep all that running.  They have the same goals as you do -- making money off of ads and traffic.  So! I believe they know what they're doing with the ads.

2. profile image54

I'm not condemning anything.  I just stated a fact as published by Google.  Like I said, I don't even care about AdSense on my hubs.  To be honest, I'd prefer the ads not even be there.

If you write because you like to write, that's great.  I write to profit and assuming I'm not worried about quality or class because of that is a bit odd, no?  Who said I wasn't worried about quality?

16. Don Simkovich profile image60
    Don Simkovichposted 13 years ago

My CTR with Google Adsense is over ##% from Aug and in to Sept . . . I'm typically around ###% to ##% over a long term span. I believe that's an okay CTR. <CTR snipped by moderator>

Also, I saw you've written 20-some Hubs in the past 11 months. You really do need to generate quantity -- a Hub a week at least . . . better yet, try to write 10 Hubs about 2 or 3 months in a row on subjects people are looking for -- tile cleaning isn't such a bad topic I would think . . . but then think of all the related topics you can fit around that - bathroom fixtures, bathroom decor, and so much more -- you can advise people on if they're shopping.

17. thisisoli profile image70
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

Just so the facts are made clear here.  The Hubpages layout is something that has come about from extensive research from yield build.  A company which has a staff of people that monitor internet trends to find the very best ad layouts, ad colors and ad sizes to be placed on a webpage.

18. fayans profile image63
    fayansposted 13 years ago

As Ryankett has said well enough, "You don't need to change your writing, you need to change your SEO".

If what you see below doesn't help your belief, there isn't much I (or We) can help...

<CTR screenshot snipped, AdSense violation>

Good luck!

19. sunforged profile image72
    sunforgedposted 13 years ago

recommend you delete that, Adsense tos aside - your opening up yourself to mass copycats

claim it was all photoshopped and delete!

1. fayans profile image63
      fayansposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Despite what others might inevitably think otherwise, I'm just trying to help the OP or anyone who thinks there isn't money to be made here at HP!

I'm aware of the TOS, pal (appreciate your concern). Copycats? Very few will take action and start copying. Even if they do, it's part & parcel of the game.

Anyway, SEO isn't about copying one's keyword and start writing. I'm sure you're aware of it.

PS: You're one of key players too!!

PSS: Photoshopped? Go figure.....

20. adrienne2 profile image67
    adrienne2posted 13 years ago

I can not believe anyone could have the nerve to blame hubpages for poor ad placement.  The ad placement on hubpages is great. As the other hubbers have already pointed out take a look at your hub, before placing the blame elsewhere.

21. profile image0

I am sorry I would ever put any type of fault on hubpages.  They are the greatest group of people in the world.  They should get the noble peace prize for such greatness.  Please forgive me.  I will never say a bad thing ever again about your beloved hubpages.  In fact there should never be any type of criticizm for the great hubpage team.  I should be thrown in jail for ever brining up the subject that anything would be ever wrong with hubpages.  Please forgive me.  I will never ever say a bad thing about hubpages ever again.  They are the gods and I am just an idiot.  Just ban me forever this time from hubpages forum so that no one else can see what an idiot I was for ever brining up the subject that something hubpages did was not 100% perfect.

1. adrienne2 profile image67
      adrienne2posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh MERCY you can laid it on thick, was just emphasing that as the other well experienced hubbers suggested take a look at your layout on your hubs.   They all have given some great advice on what to do.

1. thisisoli profile image70

He is obviously already an expert and needs no help from us tongue

1. adrienne2 profile image67
          adrienne2posted 13 years agoin reply to this

@thisisoli LOL Thats must be it : )

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)