jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

I was so flattered!

1. PaulaHenry1 profile image67
    PaulaHenry1posted 6 years ago

So I get home from work today and found an email from the President of Aging with Dignity, which provides Five Wishes(a living will). I was scared to death to open it thinking I did something wrong or he was upset because I made a Hub about it yesterday, but to my astonishment and delight this is what he said!

"Ms. Henry: Thank you for posting our Five Wishes information and for your very kind words as well. We have always relied on good people like you to spread the word about Five Wishes and about the importance of advance care planning for every adult age 18 and older. Keep up the great job." -- Paul Malley, President, Aging with Dignity

Just wanted to let you all know - that real people are reading your Hubs and do appreciate what we promote and write!

2. Sunny Robinson profile image84
    Sunny Robinsonposted 6 years ago

I was going to post something similar!  I will just chime in here.  First, congratulations on receiving such a wonderful email.  There are definitely real people reading that hub and I'm so glad you put this out there as a reminder.

Here's the flattery I received!

I got two different emails in the last 24 hours.  One was from a business company I wrote about, asking me to help them celebrate their upcoming milestone.  Another was from a writer who is writing about the area I wrote about.  Also, I was noticing a shift in perspective and feeling open towards opportunities.

And because I was feeling super happy, I wanted to share this facebook status I posted with my fellow hubbers (because it was more relevant to my fellow hubbers than my facebook circle):

A world of opportunity is opening up to me. The brilliance and kindness of people, the inspiration in writing, a fantastic community all around us. How can you not want to be part of it all? Thank you all for your support!

3. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Very nice to hear Paula. I'm glad to see you have something positive working in your favor. smile big_smile

1. PaulaHenry1 profile image67
      PaulaHenry1posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Me too!!!! Congrats to you to Sunny!

1. Sunny Robinson profile image84
        Sunny Robinsonposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, Paula! smile

4. SteveoMc profile image91
    SteveoMcposted 6 years ago

Nice confirmation!  It is heartening and encouraging, thanks for sharing.