Amazon

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (19 posts)
  1. PaulaHenry1 profile image64
    PaulaHenry1posted 13 years ago

I'm getting alot of traffic to one of my "buy Online" Hubs, but no amazon clicks. Is thee any tips for bringing in the buyers? I know I haven't been here too long, but I am hoping someone can give me a tip...thanks.

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 13 years ago

From what I have read, Amazon works best where the hub is directly relevant for the advertisements - like a product review, for example. Otherwise, it may take quite a lot of traffic to see any results at all.

1. schoolgirlforreal profile image80
      schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years agoin reply to this

check

3. profile image54
    MyPostingIDposted 13 years ago

What keywords are people finding your hubs with?  Are they "buying" keywords or general "I'm looking for info" keywords?

PaulaHenry1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Its a Hub about kids coats. So they are looking for specific ones which I have in the Hub

1. WryLilt profile image89
        WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi Paula,

I wouldn't call myself an expert but I do have over 40 product hubs.

a) How many views is a lot? Most of my product hubs range from 10-50 views a day. Those views turn into maybe 10-20 clicks a day and at most, 5 sales a week on average.

b)It's only a few weeks old. Give it time.

c)Is it keyword researched? What keywords send people there? Are you in a competitive niche?

4. profile image0
    EmpressFelicityposted 13 years ago

I'm no Amazon expert but I've read your hub and it looks/reads great.

When you say you've had a lot of traffic, how much is a lot?  I personally get lots of clicks on my Amazon products, but the average proportion of these clicks that generate actual sales is just a few percent. 

If there's anyone out there who does well on Amazon and is reading this thread, perhaps they can give an idea of what kind of conversion rate is a good one.  2%?  5%?  10%?  Higher?

Edit: when you say you're getting "no clicks", do you mean "no clicks" or "no sales"?  Because if you're getting no clicks (let alone sales) then it sounds as though you haven't set up your affiliate code properly.

1. profile image54
      MyPostingIDposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I write lots of review hubs and some sales hubs.  Depending on the hub, my conversion rate is anywhere from 3% to 10%.  The key to earning consistently with Amazon is to understand the buying cycle and which keywords people use during different stages of the buying cycle.

Most of my hubs currently target buyers in the "information seeking" part of the cycle where they know what they want but are looking for "social validation". Those hubs typically convert at 3% - 5%.  However, I'm planning a move into the late-stage buying cycle folks in the coming weeks where I'll target those who actually have credit card in hand.  I'd expect to see a much higher CR once I target these folks.

At the end of the day, profiting from Amazon with HubPages requires at least a basic understanding of SEO and a decent understanding of keyword selection.  Without those two components, a person will never rank highly enough on a consistent basis to profit consistently.

5. Spacey Gracey profile image39
    Spacey Graceyposted 13 years ago

Hi Paula - I took a look at your hubs and I'm not an Amazon expert but I get on pretty well with it. Here's my thoughts (sorry there's a lot of it):

* If you have not got one single click after 2 months then I guess your affiliate code is not set up correct. But if you have got even one, than that proves its all set up OK.

* Your hubs look fine. Things that may help attract people to clicking is to say something up front in the first paragraph about the article featuring a range of xxxx available to buy online, with the latest prices being displayed; and / or use the description box under each product code to say 'click for more information' or something like that; and /or do a huge Amazon capsule at the end that is titled 'Latest Online Prices'or something similar, and display a ton of relevant products. - Probably dont do all of those things as it will feel a bit pushy. If I knew which method worked best I'd tell you, but I havent gotten around to doing the analysis on my own stuff yet.

* As for conversion? After 2 months I have 4000 views but had only made less than $10 - can't remember the figures but it felt like torture as I was working hard and getting nowhere. Just keep at it. Now I get around 800 views a day - that converts to about 150 - 200 clicks onto Amazon, of which between 7-10% result in a sale.

Hope that's helpful without being too preachy - don't like to shove my Amazon thoughts on anyone but when I was a few weeks in I remember hunting around got any bit of information I could get.

1. WryLilt profile image89
      WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have a feeling you're the next Nelle Hoxie, Spacey Gracey. smile

1. Spacey Gracey profile image39
        Spacey Graceyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Whistful sighhhhhh I do hope so. I am very impressed by return this month and it has certainly spurred me on to write more.

2. dosters profile image78
      dostersposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I was just going to direct this lady to you Spacey...

3. Spacey Gracey profile image39
      Spacey Graceyposted 13 years ago

Just read all that back - really should've put it in a hub 0 will add that to my to do list.

So I went to the Learning center on Hubpages, followed it word for word and got a new affiliate code and submitted into the code box...now, my question is - the Hubs that were under the other code are subject to this code now right? Before I had some strange named code and this one has hubpages as part of it...do you think I'll be okay now?

1. thisisoli profile image70
          thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah when you change it in your affialiate settings it is change across your account.

Thanks everyone

2. sofs profile image77
        sofsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Spacey Gracey  I am struggling with how to choose and write hubs on amazon products,  a hub would be educational and helpful!!

1. Spacey Gracey profile image39
          Spacey Graceyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Sofs - I have always been hesitant to do a hub as I worry people will follow my advice and it won't work for them. But there has been quite a bit of interest from the new hubbers so I may relent.

Amazon have very helpful lists: bestsellers will convert easily and have lots of people searching for them, but will probably have a lot of competition. New releases will have no competition but its a total guess as to which ones will sell.

My traffic from hubpages has risen so I think people are trying to check out how I pick my topics - but honestly there is no method to my madness. I hate research, but I enjoy virtual shopping.

Any questions - always feel free to ask me - but I am literall making this up as I go alond big_smile

1. sofs profile image77
            sofsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why should you worry about it not working for others, you will only be sharing what worked for you. I think it will help so many of us who have no clue as to where to start. 
            I think I will also check out your hubs tomorrow, its pretty late in the night now.. be prepared for all those questions that are going to come your way... Thank you.. I will be asking you the questions shortly   ... Now, now... don't get scared..
            I sincerely feel you would help so many others through your hub...  smile  waiting for the next Hub  from you.... smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)