jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (12 posts)

Amazon Ads On Hubs

1. 0
    BenjaminBposted 6 years ago

Has anyone ever seen any success from amazon clicks by incorporating phrases into your hubs encouraging clicks. For example,"For online selection you can't beat the choices offered at Amazon,be sure to click on one of my Amazon links to browse their extensive catalogue!".

1. 61
      MyPostingIDposted 6 years ago in reply to this

A better way would be to say:

Click here for blah blah blah....

Make 'click here' an amazon link.

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

I think you will get into trouble with Adsense, as the automatic filter may kick in. Don't count on them being able or willing to distinguish between encouraging one type of clicks and another, I've seen examples of this before.

1. 0
      BenjaminBposted 6 years ago in reply to this

So in other words not a beneficial practice then you would say?

1. 0
        Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I am saying you could risk losing your Adsense account, since encouraging visitors to click on ads is against their Terms of Service. They use an automated system, which may not be able to distinguish.

1. saleheensblog profile image59
          saleheensblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

ditto

2. 0
      sarahsherlockposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I know somebody this happened to and she never managed to get an adsense account again. Be careful!

1. 0

That sux sad. Yep that's why I figured I'd take advantage of other's experience by asking here on the forum. A great tool for sure! Thanks for droppin in Sarah smile

3. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 6 years ago

Its not like hub readers don't know about Amazon, so I don't see how general encouragement to go to amazon would have any effect.  of course you could recomend a specific product and link to it at amazon.

1. 0

I have figured it out,well in principle lol,the first person who learns how to embed invisible subliminal messages into HTML will become the richest man/woman in the world. Imagine the money making potential of everyone clicking and purchasing!!

2. 61
      MyPostingIDposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You would be amazed at how much you can improve your CTR when gently (or not so gently) guiding a reader to click a link.  The term "call to action" gets lots of play in the IM world and for good reason.

4. thisisoli profile image62
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

Google wants you to make it clear that their advertising spot is their advertising spot. they dont care what you do to an amazon ad, infact they prefer you to make it clear where advertisements are.

A lead phrase following to an Amazon ad can be a great way to direct your reader to certain items.

working