jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

More backlinks questions,,,

1. Bill Manning profile image69
    Bill Manningposted 6 years ago

If anyone can stomach more backlinks questions I have a few more. smile

1. Let's say you have an account on snipsly. You make a backlink to a hub of yours. A friend also has an account on Snipsly and decides to do you a favor and also puts a backlink to your same hub.

Does that second link do you any good? It's coming from the same main site, even if it's from another account.

2. If it's your own website, and you put links to your articles from places like Snipsly, does any link after the first one make any difference?

I mean, since the links are coming from the same main URL, does it matter after the first link as far as your site goes? Or does each link still help each article if you link to those individual pages? hmm

2. 0
    Twenty One Daysposted 6 years ago

You're hooked on this backlinking! smile

1. According to HP, if someone uses the referral link, you get, i think, 2 minutes or 20% for the referral or they get it if they are hosting your link using their tracking code. It does good, because more locations have your link. On HP you can see how many inbound links there are for each article, under the stats area. I received some traffic through people who have posted by links on their articles or websites.

2. To put it on your sight to bounce to sniply or another doesn't do much, since they are already on your site. And most search engines will drop duplicate links. What I did was referral links internally, so people stay on my website.

But a very nifty automatic backlinking widget is Twitter and Facebook. Since they are still links, it spreads the power and boosts your article. Plus using the RSS adds a nice boost. It also increases keyword pick up on pages, especially from Twitter, which I noticed a few days ago.

Example (see bottom right column)

Bill Manningposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for your input Twenty One Days. As for my second question I think you misunderstood me.

What I mean is, say you have an account on Snipsly. You put a link there to your own website, let's say your home page.

Then you make another blog post on Snipsly and put a link to a different page to your website.

Does that link do you any good? Since you already have a link to your website from the first one. Or would it still help that individual page? smile

1. 59
        MyPostingIDposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It would still help.  Many folks (myself included) use article marketing almost exclusively for backlinking purposes.  I've had MANY of my AdSense niche sites reach page 1 in Google using nothing other than article backlinks from EZA.

However, with that said, Google DOES begin to devalue multiple links to some degree at some point when they are all from the same DOMAIN.  At what point?  Only Google knows.

2. 0
        Twenty One Daysposted 6 years ago in reply to this

No, it is good, since it is a different URL (even if the same domain). If fact, more links the better. This is actually how SEO Site Mapping is done. The more non-duplicate links you have the better and the more clean links the better! If none are duplicates, google will index them ALL.

Google Crawls this site map and plugs in all these links.
        This increases your visibility/optimization, which is the point of backlinking in the first place. You can create a site map of your own domain and then create a site map to say all your Hubs as well.

To me, this is faster than backlinking and easier to control, since you can edit the file on-the-fly, adding more links.
        In Google Webmaster tools, it shows you how to create a fancy Site Map, but if you want simple, just make an HTML file and list each link.

Bill Manningposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Cool, thanks again. Backlinking does help for sure. I've got some pages I'm slowly pushing up each time I add some links. smile

1. rb11 profile image86
            rb11posted 6 years ago in reply to this

One other thing you have to remember is diversification. If you are linking from different extension urls from within the same TLD, this is OK, but it is still coming from the the same IP.

3. thisisoli profile image73
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

Google has stated on several occasions that it values links from multiple domains over a single domain. This implies that multiple links from one domain are limited or penalized in some respect.

However, having links from several pages in a domain definitely does have a benefit.