jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Pop Up Adds on Hubpages

1. Ivorwen profile image85
    Ivorwenposted 6 years ago

While reading an article to do with child behavior today, I had a Special K add pop up.  It was right over the words I was trying to read, and seemed to have nothing to do with the other adds on the page.  There was no close button on it, and took a good 15 seconds to close.

I have seen these adds on other sites, but they have never interfered with the reading.

1. Maddie Ruud profile image81
      Maddie Ruudposted 6 years ago in reply to this

This should not be happening.  When you see one, please try to note what ad network it is being served by (if you can tell), and who the advertiser is.  Please take a screenshot if you can (by hitting the "PrntScrn" button and then opening a program like Paint and choosing "paste," then saving the file), and email it to us.

1. Ivorwen profile image85
        Ivorwenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It disappeared just as I thought of the screen shot...

I did look closely for the add company, by could not identify one.  All the print on the add all appeared to be related to Special K.

2. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

Good thing you posted. I believe HP takes these off once notified. Might be an idea to get a screen shot and mail them directly (if possible).

3. 0
    ralwusposted 6 years ago

I had one, it looked like a spinning floating CD and did the same, only never left. A reeeeal pain!

1. Maddie Ruud profile image81
      Maddie Ruudposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yuck!  We definitely don't want these.  Please see above instructions for reference, in case it happens again.

1. 0
        ralwusposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have seen it off and on all day. Will try to capture it.

4. shazwellyn profile image83
    shazwellynposted 6 years ago

I had an ad about vanish ... unfortunately (or fortunately?), it did before I had a chance to pass it over to hp.

5. Pro Design Source profile image62
    Pro Design Sourceposted 6 years ago

Yep, I just had the spinning cd one. Don't remember what it was. If I see it again I will take a screen shot.

Was wondering if that is why I had 6 clicks yesterday and it only added up to a penny?

working