jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

How does a hub start at less than 50?

1. weholdthesetruths profile image60
    weholdthesetruthsposted 6 years ago

That and how it starts ABOVE 50 are mysteries to me.  How could they be assigned scores different than the default, in less than 10 seconds after saving and publishing?

1. LakeShow T profile image80
      LakeShow Tposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Could it be that the score fluctuates during the initial editing stage before publication? The last hub I wrote took me a few days and was at 57 by the time I published it. It also had several views--far more than clicks I had entering and exiting the page--so I am only assuming that the Hubpages staff checks out the work before it is published to make sure it is not duplicate content. I am also assuming that during this process that it is being scored on the quality of the content. As I am still essentially a newbie here, I could easily be wrong on all of these accounts but these are just the assumptions I made based on the last hub I published.

2. 0
      BenjaminBposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I wondered this myself for awhile. One theory is lack of original content,but that was blown all to crapola when I released one of my latest hubs that is ranked #1 for every tag I have on it. That one I was in a hurry to kick out,but I recommend frequently visiting your Hub while in the creation process and just changing a minor thing or adding a little multiple times and let it cook for a few days. I do believe the visits come from the staff checking out things. My latest hub I cooked on for 3 days and just released it with a score of 62 off the bat!

1. 0
        BenjaminBposted 6 years ago in reply to this

To add to this further I started keeping a back log of hubs in creation,when I first add them as unpublished all they have is just a title and they still grow like that,I'm guessing by how original the title is!